Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i am looking to go stage 3. and im looking to cam my car as well. how will it run? genuinesaab says to think stage 4 or more for the 264 cams. so if i run stage 3 is it worth it? what kind of power gain would i see?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
so i am looking to go stage 3. and im looking to cam my car as well. how will it run? genuinesaab says to think stage 4 or more for the 264 cams. so if i run stage 3 is it worth it? what kind of power gain would i see?
Just wondering, WHY are you looking to cam your car? Your stock turbo hardly flows anything at the point where those cams would normally be of any use.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Cams have to match the power of the engine and turbo, larger enem 264 cams would not start breathing until your small stock turbo was already running out of air, so it would be a bad match and not help at all. You want o match them, so something like a stg 6 with gt3071 and enem cams would work well and have been shown to give people a 50whp increase at that level.

Stg 3 is very well worth it, it will bring a stock 185bhp model up to 270bhp and 290 ft-lbs of torque and with a good td04 or hot model or 9k aero turbo, you can get close to 300bhp and 320 ft-lbs of torque,

John

·
Registered
664 Posts
Damn thanks for the advice John, would I need to get a tune from you and let you know I have the 264 cams so you can tune it or I can Just get a stage 4 tune from you? I'm going stage 4 very soon

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I think you'll still want to get a larger turbo than a TD04 (stage 3/4) before cams.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts