Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: Camera purchase turns into possible car buy, but...

So, I'm watching Craigslist, I do a refresh, and there it is- the perfect camera to replace a busted Sony that I've got (takes the best damn pictures!). It's a newer model that uses the same battery and charger, and it's missing the charger. The guy sells it to me for $20! But it gets better. In the driveway out back I spot a SAAB. I casually ask what's up with it. He says it belongs to his son's GF and they're selling it. Do I wanna buy it? He says he thinks it's a '96 but, to me, it looks more like a 9-3. Maybe a '99 at least. Not sure because the sticker was gone and the badge was missing from the back. 5 spd Turbo 2 dr. 17" wheels. Body and interior are clean. I get in and it starts right up but idles like shit and stalls. I do that about 3 times, so I'm not sure what's up. Anyway, $600. I might just do it.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
For $600 and probably some dumb shit wrong with a sensor, I'd go for it. Seems like it could be just something gummed up needing replacement. Either way, its easily worth that just in parts. If it were me in your shoes, hell yes, do it like Dan said.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
i vote for either bad gas or a vacuum leak ;)

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
i vote for either bad gas or a vacuum leak ;)
I'd say the gas could be it too. T5 car should start and run with a vac leak though, although maybe not well.

My dead MAP sensor threw no light, but made the car impossible to drive once it went.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, talked to the owner tonight. It's a '95 900 SE. The wheels look like the Anniversary models so I guess that would make them 16s, right? It has new suspension bits, exhaust, control arm. Developed that driveability issue and the guy doesn't want to put any more money into it.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Too late - already got it! * lol Nah - I could never own/drive a 9-3 car lol but for $500 I might give it 6 months :)
Burns, don't you read, it is a 1995 NG900, not that it makes a difference to be honest.

Snatch that car up, before I find out where it is and do it myself.

Oh and I am not kidding, my dad wants a 900 to cruise in, so snatch it up and keep it away from him.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Snatch that car up, before I find out where it is and do it myself.

Oh and I am not kidding, my dad wants a 900 to cruise in, so snatch it up and keep it away from him.
Yeah, I'm going to. Just waiting for the guy to get the title back from DMV. It's the same as yours. '95 900SE Turbo. Imola Red.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts