Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where to get replacement caliper retaining bolts? For a 1990 c900. Supposed to replace these bolts with new ones when you replace the pads. Can't find them on eeuro. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
2 new ones come in the new pad sets from saab. Its Ok if you reuse the old ones with an aftermarket set of pads. I don't think anybody on here has Died from re using the old bolts.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2 new ones come in the new pad sets from saab. Its Ok if you reuse the old ones with an aftermarket set of pads. I don't think anybody on here has Died from re using the old bolts.
I see them now in the pic (linked below). Thanks.

eEuroparts - Front brake pad set - # 8993974G

As for reusing the old bolts, these aren't speaker screws, we're talking about brakes. I'd be careful giving out that advice!

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm with Harvey.

The only thing I've seen is the guys tear the threads out of the knuckle taking the caliper brackets off with impact guns every few months or so, although it could be that they were overtightened the last time the pads were changed too - the cast iron will strip before the bolts do.

We re-use them unless something is damaged.

Drew

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm with Harvey.

The only thing I've seen is the guys tear the threads out of the knuckle taking the caliper brackets off with impact guns every few months or so, although it could be that they were overtightened the last time the pads were changed too - the cast iron will strip before the bolts do.

We re-use them unless something is damaged.

Drew
Is the real driver for not replacing them cost? I see non-OEM brake pads are some $23 less...and don't come with replacement bolts.

eEuroparts - Front Brake Pad Set - # 8993974PBR

Guess I wonder why Saab would recommend changing them were it not a safety concern.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I never knew you were suppose to replace them by the book...never have unless I got a replacement caliper

·
Registered
39 Posts
Did the bolts come in the replacement caliper kit? I am looking into the same thing and it looks like no one carries them. Per the book, they are a one time use. Does anybody have a source? How about specs? I need them ASAP. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.