Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caliper Paint.
What's the best brand?
Suggestions for colors on a black saab with rims coming where they will be fully exposed.
Do you really have to wait 2 hours until you put the wheel back on?
Thanks

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Heat resistant paint - or enamal (my .02) I would let the calipers cure over night tho at the least - and give a few coats. So atleast 2 days off the car. I've never done it - nor seen a need to - but hey - it can look good if done right. Good luck!

·
Registered
134 Posts
id say the only reason they tell you to wait 2 hours till you put the wheel on would be so the paint doesnt drip on it if you happen to coat it heavily so if you made sure it wasnt driping pop the wheel on just dont drive it for a few hours instead

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I'd use some High Temp Krylon spray paint. Also, I'd go with Red behind rims.

·
10,303 Posts
I second Ced with red. Maybe yellow. Advance auto parts seems to sell something that does this job. When I get my fronts on. I'm doing this in red.

·
Administrator
254 Posts
Most places actually sell caliper paint. I just picked some up last weekend. Gonna paint mine red when I get the new brakes put on.

Kyle

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
my dad says Eastwood makes good caliper paint, my brakes need this too, but the need to be bead blasted before they get painted

Brian

·
Registered
122 Posts
Best would be high temp resistant paint like VHT.

I'm considering yellow for disk hubs as the rust is visible through the spokes in my rims.

Brakes work by translating kinetic energy into thermal energy and subsequently releasing this heat into the environment. I have seen arguments against painting your calipers based on the principle that the paint would act as a thermal insulator and interfere with the caliper's ability to dissapate heat. The hubs are not a player in braking and therefore paint there should be ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts