Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3rd car with broken struts from california roads.
My jaguar broke 1 strut, viggen broke 3 struts, my s2000 broke 2 coilovers, and now 1 front strut.

I'm tired of it, ive driven 7000 miles in 2 months but my struts shouldnt break so easily.

Ive logged 18k miles since, august totalling in 7 broken struts.

·
Registered
861 Posts
pfft.. California roads? Those things are like driving on pillows compared to everywhere else Ive lived in the US. Yes, I lived in California too.. Would hate to see what you'd do to a car in Chicago & Detroit.

You broke 2 of those coilovers? didnt you sell those? Hopefully the buyer knew they were broken?? What are you accounting for as a 'broken' strut? Like, are they fucking exploding, or just getting weak?

dude, 18k and 7 broken struts = some sort of record

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Come to WI. Quit your bitching until then.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
seriously dude I think its how your driving more than anything else......-insert insult here-

·
Registered
270 Posts
Can't take the speed bumps going 65 mph luca...

Man that sucks, CA has some really nasty highways (crumbling concrete, random gullies for dropping out, side streets aren't bad but the highways are), I would say worse than PA (but I guess PA has shitty bridges and old highways but our road surfaces get replaced in rolling cycles). Still I'm impressed, you must be driving one stretch of road that is just a nightmare.

·
Registered
879 Posts
3rd car with broken struts from california roads.
My jaguar broke 1 strut, viggen broke 3 struts, my s2000 broke 2 coilovers, and now 1 front strut.
There's two commonalities between the cars in this set of data. California and you.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I have driven probably upwards of 175,000 miles in the past 8.5 years since I got my license. I have yet to blow a strut/shock. That includes Flint/Detroit, MI roads, New England roads, Baltimore/DC roads...

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I don't know how that is possible with the roads around here. Unless you pound through the rougher canyon roads every single day, I have yet to find any roads that are bad enough to even unsettle my car and my car is not the most stucturally rigid nor does it have a great suspension (read: crashing through bumps).

Ninja Edit: how did they break? Where did they break?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The pot holes on the 405,5,10, and 101 freeways.
And potholes on sunset blvd. Christian you havent driven on sunset yet.

And if i take my car over 5mph on a speed bump it will bottom out.

As for coilovers i got them rebuilt.

Its all stock oem struts that broke, its the clicking sound when you go over bumps.
All of the viggen suspension was out thats why it hydroplaned over 45.

·
User
9,193 Posts
The pot holes on the 405,5,10, and 101 freeways.
And potholes on sunset blvd. Christian you havent driven on sunset yet.

And if i take my car over 5mph on a speed bump it will bottom out.

As for coilovers i got them rebuilt.

Its all stock oem struts that broke, its the clicking sound when you go over bumps.
All of the viggen suspension was out thats why it hydroplaned over 45.
Are you sure it wasn't your strut MOUNTS?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
You must be a troll...

I've covered over 200k miles since i got my license and have yet to do that, i think i've bent one wheel, and it was a really nasty one in the winter in New York. Donno how you do it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts