Saab Link Forums banner

C900 Tubular Exhaust Manifold

4K views 60 replies 17 participants last post by  SaabArmy92 
#1 · (Edited)
This is a Group Buy for Stainless steel Tubular exhaust manifolds for the C900 T16. We need at least 10 pre-paid orders to get them for $525.00. Buyer is responsible for shipping and handling charges from Denver Colorado to wherever item is being shipped to. This offer expires on February 28th 2011 at 12.00AM MTN time. If we do not get the required 10 pre-paid orders by that time I will refund all money.

To place your order visit my website http://www.ericksonperformance.com/group-buys.php and click on the ADD TO CART button or just send the money threw pay-pal whichever is easier. I will keep an updated list of the pre-paid orders below. If you have any questions please contact me by email Ericksonperformance@hotmail.com or call me at 303-621-4456

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Hopefully this goes better than the last group buy. I already have a header but I'll ask a couple of questions to make this more clear for others.

What alloy are you using? 304? I assume the flanges will be stainless steel also.
What is the size of the primaries? 1.5"?

Maybe you should post a picture of one fitted in a car.

Also people will have to get an aluminum trans side cover with a mini-dipstick since the regular won't clear.

#8 · (Edited)
I will probibly do a group buy tubular exhaust manifold for the 9-3, 9-5 and NG900 after this one is done depnding on how it goes.

The stroker project is on hold for now. It needs 3 more GRP custom alluminum rods and gaskets to finish it up. Im planning on using it for full tube chassis drag car I am going to be building soon. I have all the specs writen down somewhere if you have any questons PM me, I would be more than happy to share whatever info I have.

#11 ·
It is.

The engine has some silly angle to it right? So that flange has to be angled the opposite direction as to allow the turbo to sit flat both horizontally and vertically.

I'd want, but really no need(aka no money).

#10 ·
yea... looks angled.... illusion?

What a great price though, 12yrs ago when I purchased my header it was about 4x's that!!

Looks nice with so few welds! C900 stuff is not a easy sell though, not many people willing to spend the funds & loosing that C900 exh note isn't worth it to most. You should try to do a log style hearder for less money, I bet more C900 people would buy it.

Looking forward for a 9-3 header :)

#12 ·
That sounds steep considering this- I recently bought one of these for my accountants car-
Amazon.com: 1993-2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L Exhaust Manifold: Automotive

It was actually a very nice piece! I don't understand how they make em for that cheap. It has nice welds, water-jet cut, perfect fitment & an improved design over the original with flex pipes to prevent the typical cracking that occurs. Even included a new manifold gasket and all new hardware! For $89? How? I would have thought that the man-hours just to put it together would have cost more even at china-man rates.

What you guys should do is buy one, send it to china, have them make em for $89 each and re-sell em for $200 a pop.

#14 · (Edited)
The angels of the two flanges are the exact same st the original C900 manifold. The turbo will be in the exact same location and angle as the original.

I have looked into getting them built by a company in Tiwan although hey are very affordable individually they want a very large order all at once and I have to pay up front for it. Coming up with that kind of money up font is very hard for a small upcoming shop like myself.

If people are interested I can change the flanges to from stock t3 flanges to a t2 flange so they can run a TDO4 or other turbo. I can also add an external waste gate flange if requested. If you are interested in any of these options email me and I will adjust the price for you accordingly.

#18 ·
I am not saying we are comparing apples to apples here. The fact that they can set up a jig, make 5000 of them, pay the man making them 3 cents an hour, and sell all of the batch inside of a few weeks I'm sure affects the price.

Just sayin. I paid a lot more for my C-900 header too, hand made in USA and a very good job of it was done! I would however not think it unreasonable that the same sort of people who make $89 headers for jeeps in china might be interested in doing a smaller run for more money on C-900 style headers.

#16 ·
That's definitely less than I'd be willing to Tig them by hand from stainless, that's a great price for a hand made part. I'm charging nearly that for my downpipes, and they're much less time consuming than headers, look good to me.

Drew

#21 · (Edited)
You are correct they are Speedparts headers. It is a Group buy from them for the price of $525.00 pluss shipping.(From denver to buyer) Sorry, I thought I had this posted. If you are interested in having a T2 turbo flange or an external wastegate added to the header, that work will be done in house at my shop in colorado, on a custom built jig that I have. I was going to build these compleetly in house but it will be much cheaper to purchase there header than to fabricate one. This way the savings gets pased on to you. If I were to build them myself on my jig they would be another $150-$200 dollars more.

#25 ·
justineffingp;
The Price of the flange depends on the flange you want. Tial, F38, F41, F46, MV-R, MV-S, V60, HKS, GTII, GReddy C, CH, R, Turbonetics, evolution, HP, new gen, RG45, ect. Whichever you want. Email me the External Wastegate you plan on using and I will get you a price for adding the flange.

Palmer;
Is there something wrong with SpeedParts building the header? They are good quality pieces, and with a group buy they are cheaper to buy than for me to build them myself. Like I said before I could build them in house but the price would have to go up a little bit. I think more people would be interested in them at this price. If more people would be interested in me building them in house I can do it I just need to know.

#27 ·
No I have not yet put any post up on the other forums. This is the one I use most so I figured I would post here first. I haven't had much time but tomorrow I don't have allot going on and I plan on posting adds on Saabnet, Saabcentral, and also post some adds on Craigslist.

#28 ·
I have to make a correction to the original post. Originally I said that the due date for the orders was Feb 30 2011 at 12:00am MTN time. This is incorrect. The due date for the orders are February 28 2011 at 12:00 am MTN time. I will go back and edit the original post.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.