Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working with Goodridge for some custom injection lines we have come up with this solution. The injector fittings are custom parts. Available in all the Hose colors. Plastic covered for abrasion protection. Anyone out there looking for lines? Or am I just wasting time and move on to the new saabs?

If you are interested in a set leave a comment, more updates will be here: C900 8v CIS Injection Lines, Interest? - TrollTuner

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
If I wasn't handing over my 5 door to Harveys' Auto I would be.
Dude don't let the cat out of the Bag, Wait till you see the "Donar" car I picked up to mate with the 5 door.

"to Nick" I know two 8V Sickos that are going to want those lines if the price is low enough for the cheep asses..

When will these be available? If you make up a Few sets, And the Killer? How much?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Yeah - people with 8v cars are founding members of the don't-spend-money-club, followed closely by people who drive 9000 CS's with cloth interiors, and Jews.

Everyone I know who has one either already hoarded themselves another set, or found braided steel lines off a VW Golf in a wrecking yard and made those work.

And don't think you're wasting your time with the old ones, people who drive old cars already expect to pay for maintenance - the the people who upgrade to new ones that are blown away at all the things that can possibly fail and are holding back from elective purchases, out here anyway.

Drew

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd be interested in several sets maybe. I've left a post on your site Nick - thanks. Are you making all four to original lengths, or just all the same?

Yeah - people with 8v cars are founding members of the don't-spend-money-club, followed closely by people who drive 9000 CS's with cloth interiors, and Jews.
You guys must be very different over there then. Here in Australia owners of the 8-valve cars tend to be the fanatical restorers and lovers of 99/900Ts from yesteryear. No-one drives one here because they don't want to spend cash - because you most certainly do.

·
Registered
355 Posts

Drew
I very much disagree with this comment. For a car that I was given I spent a boat load of money and time on it.

In regards to purpose of this post I would be interested in a set possibly. The ones that I have are pretty old.

Don't suppose that five door had a headliner in it with out a sunroof?

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
I'm not saying I haven't spent my fair of pay checks bringing back my classics, but the really fanatical restorers might actually prefer the original plastic ones anyhow.

I will definitely pass this on to my CIS customers, but aside from myself and one of my mechanics very few of my customers believe in spending money now to save agony later.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It looks like Steve (Saab Salvage) and I will be doing a group buy for a few guys here in Australia from you Nick - we're getting numbers for you today or tomorrow. I know that we'll be putting H-engine style lines on - i.e. over the top of the intake manifold in a tray - and down on to the banjo fittings on the fuel distributor.

Can't wait.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts