Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK....in my 9-3 there are the buttons under the ac. I have seat heaters but to the right of the passenger seat heater button there is this wierd hole that i think might be a thermometor or something for the ac. anyway it makes a wierd ass buzzing noise or from somewhere around there. Anyone had this problem or know what it is?
thanks, will

·
Registered
122 Posts
WS said:
OK....in my 9-3 there are the buttons under the ac. I have seat heaters but to the right of the passenger seat heater button there is this wierd hole that i think might be a thermometor or something for the ac. anyway it makes a wierd ass buzzing noise or from somewhere around there. Anyone had this problem or know what it is?
thanks, will
Turn your vibrator off before you drive your car.

[Edit: J/K]

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
hahaha! ^^^^ :lol:

WS i too have the same problem...it is always on...even when you shut off the air it still buzzes...my solution...turn up the music!! :p

if you find out what it is before me let me know...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
My mother has this same problem. Its basically the sensor fan for the Automatic Climate Control. Overtime it can get dirty and start to buzz. Just blow into it really hard to knock some of the dust away. A better way would be to pop it out using a flat object, then using can of spray air (used to clean keyboards or electrical equipment) spray the fan really well. This should help to clear it out and get rid of that annoying buzz.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi

I sometimes get a buzzing noise from behind the dash just after starting the engine..usually as I am moving off. I have no air conditioning..this is puzzling me :? I don't know if this could be linked but when the car is warmed up, it sometimes falters/stumbles at idle....only at warm idle and never thru the rev range. Some days it will do this quite a bit and other not at all. Usually, on the days it does stumble, there seems to be a delay in power delivery up to 3k rpm..then after it's ok. Car is 1996 2.0 n/a with 48k miles on the clock. Plugs, distributor cap, leads, air filter all ok.

Any ideas guys?

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
slaabs technique worked quite well......lol, jk....it only stopped of the buzzing. Some still remains. I think a hammer will solve that :twisted: :twisted: . I like the idea of the keyboard cleaner, and if that doesnt work im just gonna have to beat the crap out of it with the hammer.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Yea a hammer will solve any problems. Out of gas? Use a hammer..im sure you'll get the car going somehow lol ;)

·
Registered
745 Posts
I had the same problem and a 93 9000....turned out to be bearing problem on the fan that pulls air across the temperature sensor. apparently it sucks air in to sample the temperature for the climate control to sense the temperature.

But sounds like Blaque_Out has the right idea..

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
DC_SAAB said:
I had the same problem and a 93 9000....turned out to be bearing problem on the fan that pulls air across the temperature sensor. apparently it sucks air in to sample the temperature for the climate control to sense the temperature.

woah - please elaborate. Would that sound disperse upon more power used - for instance, the rear defroster, headlights on, or fan speed increased?!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
DC_SAAB said:

woah - please elaborate. Would that sound disperse upon more power used - for instance, the rear defroster, headlights on, or fan speed increased?!
Mmmm no. Its a small fan that only activates from time to time. As far as the sound disperse due to more power being used elsewhere in the car...I doubt it.

Since the fan is so small, it doesn't require a full 12volts. Even if there was a lack of power, the fan would only slow down, making the sound a lower frequency.

Its probably just dirt around the fan that needs to be cleaned out. Believe me, it won't just go away, it will only get worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts