Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 9-3 3door, 5spd. Recently I have noticed that when I hit the gas a faint buzzing sound can be heard from the passenger side of the car. The sound comes from in front of the seat, not sure on the origin. I was wondering if anyone might have any idea as to what this may be. A friend of mine thought it could be the fuel pump relay.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I'd check your exhaust hanger. its located pretty much right under your center console, but underneath the car. Mine started making a buzzing/rattling noise whever i accelerate, and I pinpointed it to this. The hanger can come off, or break sometims when you bottom out or go over a bump.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
definately NOT the fuel pump relay, those would not make a buzzing noise, and if something was infact wrong with it, the fuel pump would fail to work, resulting in a non-starting car, and since your's runs...

also, the fuel pump buzzes, my mom's suburban's is really loud, you can hear it far away, but it is at idle, and all through driving, not just accelerating.

sounds to me like you might have something wrong with your exhaust, or maybe your mid-body mudflap is vibrating because of some trapped airflow.

~justin

1 - 3 of 3 Posts