Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what bulbs do you use?

I like my silverstars but they are so damn expensive and with daytime runners they burn out quick. I am looking for cheaper alternatives for my 9003/H4 and H1 fogs.

Anyone ever use LUKS blue ion fogs? Do they look rice or nice? any "superwhite" type of headlights that look nice and would not attract tickets (not too blue)? what do you run?

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't have a positive recommendation but I can say that EuroDzines are THE WORST and will burn out about every 2 weeks. Avoid like the plague.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Yeah I used EuroDezigns 5200K off Ebay, and they absolutely suck. Although they are the bluest type of bulb I have ever used, which is a plus for me :D And you get lifetime replacement, just pay like $5 for shipping...

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
ill tell u what i bought the cheapest bulbs i could find on ebay that have a blueish tint and they have been on my car for roughly 7months now without burning

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
saabkid37 said:
i have yet to lose a silverstar been almost a year now...there just the best "upgrade bulb" the next best thing in my opinion is true hid's...
ill second that!

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah, eurodezigns are USELESS piles of

I looked at their feedback for one seller and it was overwhelmingly positive and they were dirt cheap, and I had some extra money so... :oops: i tried it out. I am one of those need to see for myself types with some things... :roll:

anyways, they look nothing like the pics they use to advertise their bulbs, they must photoshop them or use real HID in the pics.... the bulbs are really weak and dim, barely blue (which I guess is good so I don't get a ticket) but look nothing like HID. They charge 7 dollars shipping each set, AND then they sent both h4 and h1 in one cheap flimsy envelope for 2.85 shipping!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

when i opened the overpacked envelope i found that the h1 package arrived broken and shattered and I was surprised the bulbs were OK. To top it off, the H1 don't even fit! any other h1 bulbs fits, but these pieces of
fit so loose they slide right out and don't stay in the sockets.

never again.

So I am looking for something not unreasonable in price but something that is not total crap! I want to have a unique look at night without looking too rice or attracting a ticket.

lifetime warranty my ass! you have to pay another 7 bucks to cover the shipping, shouldn't THEY do that if their product sucks? I bet the bulbs are worth 3 dollars, so even when they replace them for you on warranty they make profit. :roll: :evil:

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
i use piaa hyperwhites, they are really really awesome, most natural looking light i've ever seen, it looks better than the silverstars i think. and i've had them for about 6 months now, and i drive with my headlights on all the time, (not day time running, i removed that fuse, i just leave the switch in the on position, cause i'm lazy! and proud of it). my mom has them in her suburban too, improved visibility, and looks cooler too

~justin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts