Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my 09 1125cr that's f/s

Finally took some pics so here it is. It has about 1400 miles & has been broken in according to Buell. I had the dealership put Royal Purple oil & also fix the electrical service bulliten that came out last winter. Fun bike...... my first sportbike so it's been babied & not abused!

I was planning on selling it to buy something different but I think I am going to stick with my HD & save up for a lotus (or something else)

http://s267.photobucket.com/home/sambaviggen

Asking $7000 obo

146 HP
375 lbs

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, still a chicken so not much leaning

Haven't even taken it out to a twisty road yet...... talked to a friend who works at Forgeline (he's interested in my bike & has had a few of the older HD powered Buell's) & he says keep it..... buy leathers & do track days. Claims they are probably 1/10th the price on a bike vs a car...... so I figure I will probably take it to a track & learn how to use all the rubber if it doesn't sell.

Lotus Elise's are getting cheaper, found on 75 miles away for $25K & one in PA for $20K. I think I want one of those (except a exige) but the price needs to come down more :(

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Bump for a really nice bike, good combo to go along w/your Ultra (I have a fat bob myself). It's a shame HD closed Buell down when they were finally becoming competitive with the imports. I was never a Porsche guy, but I had a chance to drive a Cayman not too long ago and fell in love. Would make a slightly more practical (though not quite as pure) track toy than an Elise, for around the same money used. GLWS

Chris

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Lotus Elise's are getting cheaper, found on 75 miles away for $25K & one in PA for $20K. I think I want one of those (except a exige) but the price needs to come down more :(
I actually checked eBay the other day and saw a few examples at $25k. But those are '05's and from what I read '06 had some nice updates. Not worth $5k extra though as most '06's are still $29-30k.

$20k would be a steal as most in that area are salvage unless they have over 45k miles.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric is releasing another street bike soon actually, at least the press release is out.

It's a 1190rs & is suppose to have 185 whp vs 120-128 whp for my stock bike

Not sure what he is doing for dealerships, some state their local dealership is considering picking up the mark but who knows.

yea, cayman is suppose to be a great car & there is also the 911's. I don't know what I would do when I can finally get one. The wife (of 6 weeks now) hates the look of elise/exige (also doesn't like saabs) & told me to buy a sportbike..... go figure :) The lotus elise/exige are EXTREMELY fragile which is my biggest hangup for getting one. Seen some very simple normal accidents totaly a car.

There is a company monkeywrenchracing who is playing with the elise/exige. They are testing a camry v6 (from a evora) in the elise/exige. About 280 whp/wtq in bone stock for w/o any tuning (I think they use a evora ECU) & they also use a much stronger trans then what the lotus uses.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
$20k would be a steal as most in that area are salvage unless they have over 45k miles.
The $20K one I probably wouldn't pay $15K for. It's a cool color (lime green) but no star shield so there are chips LOTS of chips all over the car. HEadlights show fading & it has 54K miles...... clear title though & a base model with zero options

I think a new base one goes for about $40K

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
yea, cayman is suppose to be a great car & there is also the 911's. I don't know what I would do when I can finally get one. The wife (of 6 weeks now) hates the look of elise/exige (also doesn't like saabs) & told me to buy a sportbike..... go figure :) The lotus elise/exige are EXTREMELY fragile which is my biggest hangup for getting one. Seen some very simple normal accidents totaly a car.

There is a company monkeywrenchracing who is playing with the elise/exige. They are testing a camry v6 (from a evora) in the elise/exige. About 280 whp/wtq in bone stock for w/o any tuning (I think they use a evora ECU) & they also use a much stronger trans then what the lotus uses.
My wife hates the Elise/Exige as well.

The Caymans are nice, but you need an S and they are still $30k+. You get a LOT of bang for your buck with a 996 though.

I am holding out for prices to come down for 911 GT3's so I can pick up a used one in a couple of years.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
The $20K one I probably wouldn't pay $15K for. It's a cool color (lime green) but no star shield so there are chips LOTS of chips all over the car. HEadlights show fading & it has 54K miles...... clear title though & a base model with zero options

I think a new base one goes for about $40K
Yes, a new '09 just sold on eBay in white for $38k. And yes, that Elise sounds a bit beat.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I agree with your friend, keep the bike. There was only ~3k of those made.

If you are dead set on selling it, take it to badweatherbikers.com or buellxb.com, you'd sell it pretty quickly as they are a hot commodity.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am not dead set on selling it..... I just will not sell it for a loss

It's a fun bike just not totally sure I need 2 street motorcycles

1 - 12 of 12 Posts