Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just ordered up the dual Simmons/BSR exhaust from Taliaferro, but it needs to come in so I have a 3 week wait.

Also have plans to get in the JSP intercooler I am getting from Jay Jay, and some T5 cams out of my 9-3.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have one already, but I think my dumbass left it int he SPG in NY. Maybe not. I left some exhaust part in it.

That girl mine in the middle?

When you wanna get the 79?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Have one already, but I think my dumbass left it int he SPG in NY. Maybe not. I left some exhaust part in it.

That girl mine in the middle?

When you wanna get the 79?
When do you want to get your Ride Hooked up? Do you want to do it all at one time or do the intercooler/exhaust first? Then the diff? I need to take a ride down to see this thing, As well as introduce you to a Nice VA girl that Bags the bodies before you get them.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Would love to meet her, tall with black hair?

Let me know when you wanna come down. I think getting the easy bits on will work, might have to save up for the diff.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
You guys talk funny over on that side of the country....
I think there is a Bromance in the works - lots of pipe talk and bodies in bags and such.

Oh - and that 9-5 is going to be sick. lol Tinted windows getting done? It's going to need them for the Death Mobile to be complete.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
K, update. It was stuck getting to Talliaferro's for a little bit longer and then I didn't have the spare cash available till recently.

Install on Sat went as follows.

Stock exhaust came off very easily. It was all one piece with only 2 13mm nuts at the flexpipe joint. And 5 hangers. I slide the center resonator back, and while lying on the garage floor braced the rear muffer with my knees slid it back to release the forward hanger and forward for the 2 rears. No suspension in the way like a c900, 900/9-3.

The 2 confusing bits, as seen in this pic, (also resonator and Y pipe are upside down.)

are the long silver tube and the extra hanger. You can see them they are the foremost parts.

The long silver tube is a hanger extension, it goes on the LH muffler hanger but on the innermost side.

The extra hanger goes on the opposite side, it tried different ways of orienting it, and settled on it faxing backwards.

My application did not use the 2 hangers on the rear of the resonator.

It was a bit of a fight to get things connected, but I am confident everything is oriented correctly.

I do need to really get the car up on the lift and examine the clamps and trim the rear bumber more. The RH new muffler seems to be a little twisted clockwise when looking at if from the back and has an overall sag to it.

The overall impression is that the car is just as quiet as with the stock exhaust. The site claims a 50% reduction in back pressure. I am thinking of cutting off the flange from the stock echaust and welding in a stainless straight pipe with a fitting at the rear for the Y tube. And seeing what kind of burble I can create.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
? I need to take a ride down to see this thing, As well as introduce you to a Nice VA girl that Bags the bodies before you get them.
Funny story, this meeting did not go over well, and I have a mild binge drinking problem. And yes, Burnsy I think tint is something that can be done sooner than later.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
I've been looking at this exhaust as well. Sad to hear it doesn't have much burble to it. Are the mufflers straight through? If not, maybe it will grow up some after some the the sound insulation wears.

Once you add the down pipe, the sound may liven up some as well.

I tinted mine over the summer. 35% on the sides and 15% out back. It's just about right, and doesn't get any extra attention from the police. I wish it were a tad darker, but my tint guy only had 35% and 15%. Once thing that sucks, only having one reverse light blows at night, especially with tinted windows.

·
10,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sweet - I need to locate a useable used 9-3 Sport or BSR exhaust for the new vert. It also could use a stage 2 EPL tune :) Anyone got a spare Viggen IC they don't want? Worth the time?
I do, I'm looking for $150 for it and the hoses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts