Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
I don't know why ..., but I thought BSR provided a means to program the ECU by flashing it yourself. You sure this guy isn't just buying up a bunch of ECU's and flashing them with a BSR device.

Wait a minute ....that's a good idea...hmmm

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
You may try to do a search on here about ECU reviews. We had a previous discussion about various companies in which every explained their personal thoughts on each ECU company.

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
i think thats the PPC unit your talking about DC....if that was the case there wouldnt be a fatty BSR sticker on it...unless he works for BSR...and yeah thats a great idea.....anyone with a PPC here? ill buy the ecu and you flash and we split 50/50

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Did you guys forget that once the upgraded program is uploaded, the PPC is then "married" to your specific ECU so it can't be copied to another?

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
oh yeah...dam i forgot about that married bs! aahh so either way we know its for real...sounds like a good buy....wish i still had my ng900

·
Registered
352 Posts
there's no way to tell what type of ecu is on it, he might just be peddling with bsr stickers and he might have bought a huge load of bsr ppc's....i doubt that's the case though, it's too cheap

·
Registered
745 Posts
Blaque_Out said:
Did you guys forget that once the upgraded program is uploaded, the PPC is then "married" to your specific ECU so it can't be copied to another?
Oops guess your right about the PPC...I couldn't remember which one..I'm ECU'd out of my mind lately...

but what if there was a way to interface a computer with the program using the PPC....you might be stuck with an ECU for a particular model, but seems like there's got to be a way to duplicate the effort again?

Wonder if anyone has started a discussion on the hypothesis or theory of what ECU mods really are. So many of the old Honda guys have the ability to change their curves via laptops.

thinking the computer thinks in small voltage levels (+/- 5) to change or monitor the threshold relationship characteristics of the engine performance levels; either thru manipulating boost levels from controlling the wastegate controller, or metering of fuel which is pretty much automatically compensated for up to certain levels relative to the max capability of the regulator and injectors.

I suppose if you're already familiar with those levels or max thresholds...one could manipulate peak performance characteristics. We do that mechanically using dawes devices that allow us to fool/bypass the system monitoring and allow higher boost levels up to cut-off without leaning.

hmmm where'd that come from? I must be turning "Ad....." .

·
Registered
352 Posts
fear not!....you don't need to be stuck with trionic for tuning, my friend and I are working on an ECU replacement, similar to megasquirt

it should allow for custom tuning

alternatively, megasquirt can be used, it is also a complete replacement ecu

the reason honda guys can retune their curves, is because they know the unlocking codes to their ecu's...we on the other hand do not know the unlocking codes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts