Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy slipped on the ice and tried to brace himself on my rear hatch, but he hit the wiper off to the side. I can move it around and put it back in place but it wont work on its own. and also when i start driving it shifts so it goes off the car. now i just positioned it all the way down so it wouldnt go off the window. Everything is intact but i assume i would need a new one. How much does it cost to get a new one? Is this possible to fix without buying a whole new rear wiper motor and crap like that?

·
Registered
134 Posts
it sounds like either the wiper got stiped where it connects to the motor or the motor got ruined when he moved the wiper youd have to look and see if the motor spins if it does then the wiper connection is just striped if it doesnt move then you will need a new motor most likely

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Talk about friends fucking up our Saabs. I HAD a friend that hopped out to take a piss one night and when he ran back around to get in the back seat, he ran right into the atenna, and bent the shit out of it. Now it won't go back in :evil: I was so pissed. I love my car :cry:

·
10,303 Posts
Take the flap off the bottom of the wiper, it just flips up. Then use a socket and tightent the nut. It helps if you press down on the hinge just above the nut. Tighten it tightly but carefully.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Hey guys, I'm going to resurrect a vary old thread, as it appears to never have been finished.

I was having the same problems as the OP, though I don't remember anything happening that may have caused it.

I just went out and tries Tweek's technique, and it worked beautifully. If I hadn't found this thread, I probably would have ended up replacing the motor with out even considering this.

Thanks Tweek!!

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
Same thing happened to me also. I tried to tighten the nut but did not work. The motor shaft is splined and the wiper arm is like aluminum. Need less to say hurricane force winds decided to strip away the aluminum on the arm. When you but a new one the arm has no splines. You make them when you tighten the nut.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts