Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got back from Carlisle a few hours ago, great time, met lots of great Saab people and had a fun weekend. And to add to it i scored a nice kill on the way back home.

So i'm cruising along I-81 through PA and from up behind me through traffic i spot a nice looking new BMW with a NY plate that said ULTIM 8 weaving in and out of cars and catching up to me rather quickly. so of course what so i do? :twisted: as he went past me i nailed it and followed him. He was cruising at about 95-100mph when traffic allowed and we were just basically crusing like that for a few miles before the traffic cleared a little and i took my opportunitly. there was a slight uphill straightaway and the right lane was clear so I crossed into the right lane and floored it (mind you this is with a slightly tweaked apc, a passenger, and a trunkful of crap) and started to creep up on the Beemer. basically by the time i hit 115 or 120 i was a few carlengths ahead of him and i backed it off and let him get back in front of me. We ended up following him at pretty high speeds most of the way up through some really fun high speed turns with major bumps and i was totally im pressed with how stable the ol' c900 was at those wacky speeds, even with $40 v-rated Kumhos and a groaning left wheel bearing :D :wink: .

overall a really fun trip and another win for Saab, ultimate driving machine my ass :twisted: :twisted:

Paul

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Nice Kill. I hope to hear more about Carlisle as well.

·
7,595 Posts
Nice run! I had a bit of a go on the way back from carlisle as well.. 1 pontiac firebird vert, 1 mitsubishi eclipse RS (really slow). Fairly sure the mitsu was an n/a 2.0, and the firebird was the 3.8 v6. Me and burnsside42 were running with radar detectors averaging about 85 mph or so. the guy in the firebird, I would not say I "dusted" but he was not catching up at all once I blew by and was past 115 :lol: I pulled off a little later and let him pass, got a thumbs up :) I gave it back. hmm, the mitsu I just dusted so bad once I heard his (auto) kick out of econo mode and him start creeping forward, it was not even funny. I could hear his down shift and I would just floor it (in 5th) and rocket by :wink: I dusted him by a solid 60 car lengths once I was up around 130. I don't think his car could even go much past 115 :roll: we were both rocketing along when I passed by a statey (not taking pictures, but sitting) Woops! :D shortly after that we were really moving for a good bit and he was sticking with me, but only cause I was keeping at at 120. I think that was when Burnsside42 started to fall back a little. either cause he was just not too keen on rocketing along at 120+ after we had just passed a state trooper, or he couldn't keep up. not sure which ;) maybe he will chime in?

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heh, yeah that whole ordeal with the beemer happened totally in 5th gear too. it turns out that my transmision will only shift into 5th one time per trip :roll: so basically we ran from carlisle to middletown, NY entirely in 5th gear :shock: it was rather interesting, especially since we had to stop to refuel and err.. evacuate our bladders around wilkes-barre, (thats when we lost the BMW) you gotta love the low end tourque :lol: .

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts