Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was wondering on the braking science of Saabs. I have drilled and slotted rotors and a stage 2 racing pad.....well the pads im not sure about, both came with the car when i bought it. The brakes definatly work better when they are heated up and i have not had any brake fade. so i tend to believe they are. What are your thoughts??
Second the car never dips like anyother car would when breaking hard. Its like the whole car sucks its self closer to the ground. is that normal??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man i was hoping the rotors would they do look good on her. I should get some pics loaded up. and yes the backs are done as well. for the first time i had my abs kickin (wet) not a fan. has anyone pulled the fuse on their cars or do they not recommed?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
You will want ABS when you need it.

Not worth pulling it out.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Not exactly sure what your questions are :)

Yea, track pads do not like cold weather & take a lot of use to get up to heat. A true track pad will not get up to heat when driving on the street.

My viggen in stock form & also with the full koni kit does nose dive when braking. It's not as noticeable in the car but looking at pics when braking into a turn it does dive, not a lot but it does.

Better tires will also reduce how often ABS kick in

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my question was: is it normal to have a saab suck down under heavy breaking, no nose dive at all-which was said no its not normal but it is good because there is work done to the breaks......Next i wasnt sure if i really did have track pads because they did suck unless they where warmed up. so that was true. im just a huge skeptic on buying from someone else and not haveing me do the work.
and it was very wet when the abs kicked in....and my tires do suck even though they are a "ultra high performance summer"

·
Registered
587 Posts
You never know what might happen in a situation with a lot of breaking.

However, the car does nosedive a bit under braking. Its not that bad compared to most other cars Ive driven, but the rear end doesnt weigh too much so it can get a bit iffy in low traction situations.

In all honesty, I dont even notice it though. I only notice it in other cars that are worse. Ive become incredibly in tune with my car over the past year+

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.