Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what happens when you just want to fix that one minor issue on a c900. I blew a brake line, now ill be fixing my floor.

Found this bundle of joy behind my center console...

used crimestopper car alarm for sale*

won't be needing these anymore

watering my carpet^

/endrant

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Damn man, that really sucks. But better patching up the floor then doing all that work to replace the brake line, and not fix the floor. POR15 that shit after you fix it.

Your SPG looked great otherwise.

+1 for removing the "crimestopper". I may be interested in it, my stock saabguard alarm doesnt seem to be working*

Also, perfect time to run T5 through the cabin air intake box like I did.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
that floors not bad at all....everyone of my C900s have had holes in the floors...

now thats a hole in the floor.... I had 2 matching ones on the pass side as well...

mind you that car became this about 18months later..gotta watch that rust..

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
they are use to it.....i've stripped 3 other cars down to the shell and left um in the driveway....we've very civil

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No shit. Imagine my surprise when from underneath all looked well but as i picked away from inside it turned into "well i guess ill just cut the driver's side out and make new floors" :rolleyes: Gotta love old cars. The spg won't be seeing another winter again, and for that matter won't be on the road until next spring with new floors, new brake system, t5, new wastegate assembly, hopefully a new motor, dynaliner instead of floor rusters, my momo steering wheel and 140mph speedo, and whatever else this winter brings. For now, my concern is getting some floors in there and getting a new dd beater car. Going to look at one tomorrow, wish me luck :eek: pics of the new "floor" to come.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Check the rear floor beneath the back seat where the trailing arms/rear lower control arms mount... if your rot was this bad there, you will likely have some back there. Catch it before the arm pulls out of the car like I had happen in my late 89 SPG.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dude i have the whole thing apart, its all getting repaired. The only other rot is in front of the rear wheels' inner fender well under where the rear seat was. Trust me, when I'm done with this thing there will be no more rust or rot. Apprectiate the heads up though,

-Justin

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I should update, the floor is more or less new. Needs some finishing touches, I'll have pics of it soon...my ss braided lines FINALLY came in at long last, pics of those soon too. Still have to redo the wheelwells, but needless to say she's seen her last winter :)

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
Better tar the hell outta the floor pans...you know...just in case...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts