Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SO I got my new BPV and want to remove the old one. I figure, no problem, since I put the first hyperboost on there in the first place.

the stupid thing just does not want to come off.

it is stuck in the delivery pipe. is there some sort of "lip" holding in there that i have to get past to remove it? I feel like I am pulling too hard and don't want to break the little plastic opening thing that it plugs into and ruin the delivery pipe!

I don't remember the stock Bosch valve being this hard to remove. :roll:

The openings are sized to OEM size so it should not be such a problem. is there any benefit to using silicone tubing and not plug directly in like the stock valve was?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what size couplers?

I took the clamp all the way off, it just feels like it is stuck real good and I don't wanna break anything expensive! :shock: I even tried some veggie oil, no help, really.

does anyone know what size couplers to get? maybe if I can get this thing off then I could try those to make it easier if i need to take the valve off again to service it.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
would some hoses like this to make this easy for next time? Anyone know what size these would be? or if this is mostly just for looks?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
got it off finally. when I had more daylight and more time and patience. took some real elbow grease, the lip on these is much bigger than the stock one so it stays in there good. also some veggie oil helped. :lol: Now I have my new HX valve in place.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
saabvos said:
oOoOoOoO....pretttty :p
too bad i don't have a Viggen, this acid blue color would match a blue Vig almost to a tee.

it'll look nice with the blue JR cone filter, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts