Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a nice Upgrade for my BOV - I was looking at the FMDV004
Atmo Ram Dump Valve By Forge, but unless I can get one for about $80 or less - I'm looking for more options. It lists btw for $130.00. Anyone know any like that?

I want one that will make a little noise, with some tone, but nothing too extreme.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I'd go with the Forge atmoshperic ( I think they have one). Otherwise just get a TurboXS Type-RFL BOV. Thats what most of us are using.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok - the TurboXS Type-RFL as seen below:

How/what would that all connect to on my 87 9000T or even the 86 SPG (i'll move it to the SPG when that goes on the road later down the road...) Is that even the correct one? The one above is the H-RFL Type. Also - what's that worth?

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
there is one for sale on ebay for 60$ its Abbotts BOV...i found it under "saab 9-3" if i find it again ill post the link

·
Administrator
254 Posts
I have the RFL. I think I paid like $100-150 (can't remember, had it a while). If you get it you need to get the audi 1.8T adapter kit. Those audi's used the same bosch bypass valve as us.

Kyle

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts
BurnsSide42 said:
I'm looking for a nice Upgrade for my BOV - I was looking at the FMDV004
Atmo Ram Dump Valve By Forge, but unless I can get one for about $80 or less - I'm looking for more options. It lists btw for $130.00. Anyone know any like that?

I want one that will make a little noise, with some tone, but nothing too extreme.
Any BOV that fits Audi/VW 1.8t will work they all use the same 25mm fitting.

Be aware that you need sufficient spring pressure to avoid on boost leakage but flexible enough to respond quickly to vent excess pressure off throttle. I have the Forge ATMO ram dump with blue springs installed to handle 21 psi.

I've found the turbo XS RFL length to cause rattles against the fan shroud when you are driving.

Be aware that if you use a BOV vs DV, you will see some oil spray inside your engine compartment. This is normal as it is blow by oil .

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
hey man after todays fun run and dyno ive come up with two things for sale...my turbo xs mbc and my forge atmo valve...i wanna run electronic boost control to keep the spikes down as you saw i had an issue with on the dyno and i just dont like the sound of the forge valve any more to wimpy for me i want an rfl so if you want it let me know

nathan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts