Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No mods, brand new dealer lot left over from last year. It's got 80 miles on it so I'm not ragging on it too hard yet.

My SAAB is also for sale if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I like the MZR, it's plenty gutsy. Also, you have to remember I live in a state where going over 80 and/or 20 over the limit is a felony.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
That looks great, I am a big fan of the current generation body style; it is a little aggressive but classic and clean at the same time. Any mods planned at the moment?
I'm thinking maybe some hawk pads and braided steel lines.

EDIT: first mod will probably be tires though, these stock ones have no grip at all in the wet.

·
Registered
709 Posts
EDIT: first mod will probably be tires though, these stock ones have no grip at all in the wet.
That's half the fun. I thought these cars aren't supposed to be practical ;) .

Actually, my coworker upgraded the wheels and tires first. Lost the rear sway too. Flying into a turn at a million miles per hour must be awful fun...

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
That's half the fun. I thought these cars aren't supposed to be practical ;) .
There's fun and there's "ok these tires have so little grip in the wet I'm having trouble putting 140 lb-ft on the road." Apply more than half throttle in 2nd in a turn and the back snaps out like you kicked it. Don't get me wrong, it's great fun, but the logically part of my brain is saying "if the back steps out this easy, how well are these tires going to stop if some one pulls out in front of me?"

EDIT: Plus I prefer harder all-season tires. My Goodyear Eagle GT's I have on my saab have been utter dependable wet or dry and very predictable with excellent handling feel.

·
10,303 Posts
I don't know, he is the one with all the awards at the dealership.

If you have to get parts, tell them you are friends with me and they will charge you double. Ask for Dave Banks, (mgr) or ask for Janji Mustamu and tell him Jamu Ku-at.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.