Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my luck finally cashed in :D On ebay I just bought the 9-3 grille I have been waiting forever to buy, and for the price of only $65.00!! Well 72 total with shipping...The cheapest I have ever seen it go off ebay was $81...Not including shipping...

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Finally lol. I thought you gave up on looking lol ;)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I haven't checked as often, and finally today I searched for saab grill, then saab grille and I found it! Woohoo!

So what should I do to this one. Paint it black with mesh? Remove the center "wing"? Leave it chrome and mesh it? Carbon Fibre overlay it? The options are endless!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I honestly like the look of Stock grills... but if you do change it up - leave the wing - it's like removing the Saab trademark by cutting that off.... just my $0.02

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
if you want unique, don't remove the wing, because I already did that.
:wink: (and apparently my car is not a Saab anymore because of it.)

actually, if you wanna get EXTREMELY unique, rather than doing something someone else has already done, i have a good idea for you...

Ever think of doing something with that crazy yellow? To match with your interior and all the underhood stuff and the calipers? like paint the front part black and then paint the black "grid" part that goes in back, paint it yellow for contrast. i did something like that before i removed my wing. i painted the grid part silver for contrast. it was definitely a unique look, haven't seen anyone paint the BACK part of the grill yet....(see pic) Eithr yellow or a silver or lighter grey would add contrast and be interesting...

Also i saw some pearlescent type spray paint the other day, at Walmart. You could do a custom black pearl type finish. by mixing light coats of the pearl with a dark grey/black.

gunmetal alwasy is nice, too.

yellow mesh on a black grill???

A CF grill sound like it would be a first, too. You have quite a few options, as you said!

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good ideas abdukted...Thanks for the help. My current grille is painted how your grille used to be, with the "back" part white and the front part black. I like that effect and I like how yours was. I was thinking about painting the whole grille the yellow I used, and my eyelids, and getting a side decal in that color...But I think it might be too "Hondaish" if I do that...I like the idea of Carbon Fibre but I need to find a place that does it for cheap...I am still trying to decide on something, I think once the grille gets here I will just see what it looks like on the car plain...And then go from there...

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
oh yeah! my bad. I thought I never saw anyone else paint the inner part, but I went to your cardomain page and looked again, and looks like you had beat me to it, and had that done quite some time ago! oops....

Well, it's still a unique look, maybe yellow or silver would look nice instead of white if you go that route with the new grill.

interested to see what you go with!

(stock chrome is always nice on a black car for some contrast, too!)

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She came this morning! And after a good spanking, I mean cleaning, she looks like a champ :D

It's in excellent condition, but has a lot of tiny pot marks. It's getting repainted someday anyway...

Here it is on the car. It looks AMAZING:

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
nice! i like that grill. I think the 9-3 grills are much nicer than the NG900 ones. You may even consider leavin it chrome for a while, it looks sharp!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts