Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 9k the other day didnt start. Redid the spark plug gaps to proper spec and fired right up. But upon driving around discovered that I once again had a stutter under full boost (reminiscent of when coolant was leaking into the cylinders) about a week later it wouldnt start again and hasn't started since. Swapped the DI for a known good one, checked the timing (matched the slot on the crank pulley to the raised mark on the block, not the weird symbol) and im not entirely sure what to check with fuel but I primed the fuel pump from the fuse box and it worked. Anybody have some advice on what to check next for a no start??

Thanks!
Alex

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
I would start checking fuel system - When you turn the key do you hear the pump? The fuel pump in a 9K is under the rear panel, and get a reading at the pump to see if your getting 12V. (Normal careful warning, spark and gas). Can you apply 12 V direct to the pump and it works if your not getting a reading at the pump electrical connections.

ETA: If you can jump the fuel pump, check the B+ wiring connection at the fuse box and thru the ignition switch? I did a post in the past on Ari's no start list, its good checklist to use.

I also have a stutter under hard acceleration, so need to fix that one.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if this is a dumb question but what is the B+ wiring?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts