Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah so i did my swap to fpt like 2 weeks ago...and i have some issues. Whenever i floor it in third or any gear for that matter at normal driving temp...im held to anywhere from 6-9 psi. If the car is nice and cool i can hold 15psi with no trouble whatsoever....anyone have any idea whats going on?

would my planned water/alcohol injection system provide any sort of solution?

thanks all
nate

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
unhook your APC and see what your base boost is first - if no APC find your base boost however ya would in that case. Then I would say go after the knock sensor. Those are my thoughts

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
with the apc unhooked it runs about 6-7 with apc...if im lucky it gets that or 9-10...or if its cool still i can hit 15 and hold it...i was thinking knock sensor to cuz the levels at which im getting knocked down make no sense...

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
does it have boost spikes up or down? if so that's the knock sensor. What apc you have - stock?? If it's stock and randomly hitting 15psi you prolly have a broken or breaking wastegate. Stock it should do about 10 psi. and base should be about 6/7 psi. So not 100% sure what you have happening - but I would suggest not florring it too much if it's not the knock.

·
Registered
23 Posts
How 'bout that pesky BPC? Have you checked that? That can cause similar problems. Sometimes they stick, or even worse the coils open up.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if by bpc you mean the solenoid...it seems to be fine...this is why im completly stumped. The hitting 15 psi isnt so random it just seems to happen only when everything is still somewhat cold.

duh...hadnt thought about the wastegate...is there anyway to test it?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
I bet your computer isn't used to the FPT. But of course im not certain which is why i haven't added my input. :roll:

·
Registered
52 Posts
when you guys say unhook your apc- what is that and how do you do it on a 95 cse? i just dont know ANYTHING about these cars yet and my car is giving me fits now.

·
Registered
8,796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the apc (bpc solenoid) is what measures the pressure and knocks back your boost. It has three connections...high pressure side, low pressure side, and wastegate? may be wrong on the third one. Its located on a mounting bracket hanging off the top of the radiator fan. if you wanna unplug it just disconnect the plug.

·
Registered
52 Posts
and what does this do? will it still run?

·
Registered
52 Posts
could this apc be the reason my car is acting funny- when i try to accelerate fast- it feels like its getting little lunges of power - it comes in and out at a steady pace.and it feels like it just hits a plateau on the power field.
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts