Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so like the rest of us here...I have an addiction and to feed it...well I bought another SAAB. ;) Its a 93 9000 CSE and its Red. Its been ok but it does not ideal well and when I go to boost hard...its boosting, boosting, spooling...and then I hit the red zone to the max...and it slams like im hitting my brake...and keeps doing it till I let of the gas. To explain it better...it gives me whiplash when I boost hard (jerking motion). I am thinking its a fuel problem...or maybe a traction control issue...because my TCS light is on...as well as check engine.

Please help me out guys...I wanna continue to press the gas...but it wont let me...

·
Registered
645 Posts
fuel cut, wastegate isnt opening enuff mostlikely.. had this happen on a 94 9k and when i took the turbo off, the wastegate was frozen 1/4 of the way open and the flapper was just hanging there

·
Registered
11 Posts
Possible - failed coil or gummed up shuttle valve in the boost solenoid.

Either of these will present the exact behavior you describe. It's an easy check, and if it is a sticky valve many times it can be freed up with carb cleaner.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Sounds like fuel cut to me. Check your BPC.

fuel cut, wastegate isnt opening enuff mostlikely.. had this happen on a 94 9k and when i took the turbo off, the wastegate was frozen 1/4 of the way open and the flapper was just hanging there
Did it really feel like the frozen flapper jerked you back? It sounds to me like it wouldn't jerk you back, but just slow you down a lot.

·
Registered
645 Posts
with the flapper frozen open it would cause the turbo to not spool, frozen shut causes the overboost and then fuel cut

mine was frozen partially open with the flapper broken off stuck in between the arm and the housing.. causing over boost and fuel cut

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
with the flapper frozen open it would cause the turbo to not spool, frozen shut causes the overboost and then fuel cut

mine was frozen partially open with the flapper broken off stuck in between the arm and the housing.. causing over boost and fuel cut
Ok that's valid. I was half in the bag last night and I thought you meant yours was frozen half open so it wasn't making sense to me. My bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts