·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
913 Posts
How come?
Ditto, plus the red loctite recommended becomes pretty useless when subjected to the high temperatures you'll be generating. If the reason is because it's a pain to put your wheels on, cut the head off the stock bolt and weld a similar sized piece of round stock and taper the end to make a guide pin.

·
Registered
770 Posts
The stock bolt is listed as:
Thread: M12 x 1.5
Thread length: 29.5mm
Seat Angle: 60 degrees

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have a few of these things in stock.

The actual bolt diameter (minus the threads) is about .435 inches or 11.05mm. (my micrometer is in inches so I'm converting here). So the knurl you're going to need should be a little larger than that size.

Issue: With all studs the knurl and shoulder is larger than the tread itself. For instance on a 12mm x 1.5 stud, the knurl is not going to get much smaller than about 12.4mm. So you can either drill or run a smaller stud.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a few of these things in stock.

The actual bolt diameter (minus the threads) is about .435 inches or 11.05mm. (my micrometer is in inches so I'm converting here). So the knurl you're going to need should be a little larger than that size.

Issue: With all studs the knurl and shoulder is larger than the tread itself. For instance on a 12mm x 1.5 stud, the knurl is not going to get much smaller than about 12.4mm. So you can either drill or run a smaller stud.
or apply a hell of a force :)
project dropped!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.