Saab Link Forums banner

Body Kit now available for NG900 and old 9-3

9K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  JStoops 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
I think the front looks sweet.... but the back is..... not too hot.

#4 ·
I like the rear(not the middle tips) and side skirts. But the front and the spoiler is too much for me. And the price is soo high.

Someone should make a replica viggen kit for cheaper then factory, it would sell fast.

#5 ·
Well see thats one of the good things about a TRUE forum....with enough interest we can get things made. As more people are added to the forum, and possibly work along with another...we may be able to get a less expensive kit made here in the US (which would drop the price considerably). Even a Urethane kit, or front at least. But once again the trick is in the numbers and interest.

#7 ·
the body kit is manufactured by RealCar.

I'd worry a bit about scraping with the front so low.. I have a 1.3" drop on my car already.

Does anyone know what the kit is made from? Fiberglas will crack on the first hit. Polyurethane will develop waves over time. Carbon fiber? That would be lucky.

Foglamp mounting? Get some big KC Hilites and look like a WRX

#8 ·
Its made out of fiberglass.

Once more people get on this site, maybe we can get a Urethane version made from a local company and get a Group Buy going..this will cut down costs, and open the market for many other templates.

#10 ·
Yea i noticed those new pictures you had on your site. Very nice. I'd still like to see it on a normally colored Saab...maybe like a silver or black, but it does look very nice none-the-less. No Honda or rice here....straight European design.

#11 ·
personally i think it looks really ricey. You wont be able to lower the car also. The rear valence drops down way too much to look remotely good. They should make a similar kit that drops down half the distance and then you just lower your car so its just as low with a much lower center of gravity. This leads to better handling. All this kit does is make the car look taller and narrower. Maybe it will look good in different colors but it still too showy for me.

#14 ·
i too preffer the look of the viggen kit...its more subtle...but that new one is new!
and all ive seen it in are bright colors....here it is in black...a little less show boaty....i dont care for the rear spoiler..id rather have the viggens....oh well they are both expencive!!!!

i like the hood and the fog lights behind the mesh....

#15 ·
Okay, i don't care what anybody says...that new kit is off the chain!!

#19 ·
What about the hood on the black one. I just noticed that it seems that the vents are sunk in.

#21 ·
i think before body kits you need wheels......and saabs bolt pattern sucks.......im sick of my bent viggen rims and im getting new rims after the snow melts in hopefully late february.........I am hoping to get Kahn RS-R's in 17x8 but i may go 18x8 if it will fit and they wont bend....im under the impression that anything bigger with a smaller sidewall will bend easily but then again im basing that on my viggen rims which are soft and suckkkkk.....what does everyone think 18 or 17 (sorry probably should be doing this on a new post)

#22 ·
i got that pic from someone at SaabScene.com yes it does look very clean in black....the hood looks like it could probably be made...i wouldnt be supprised if that one was just takin to a shop and had the vents cut out.....i would like to see the kit in silver then id realy know if id get it or the viggen.....

oh money

PS: WS i too agree wheels come first!! it should be a rule!

#26 ·
HI GUYS... IM NEW

HAVE A 1997 SAAB 900SE TURBO 2D
- MULTIMEDIA SYSTEM- INCLUDES INDASH TV + DVD AND INTERGRATED POCKET PC HOOKUP....

I HAVE CONTACTED GENUINESAAB.COM ABOUT THE BODY KIT THAT THEY HAVE FOR SALE FOR $3,000... ASKING HIM IF HE WOULD SPONSER MY CAR OR SOMETHING TO REDUCE THE PRICE...

HE SAID OUT OF THE 300 INQUIRIES ON TEH BODY KIT FROM THE USA..
HE HAS SOLD 0 AS OF RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

I THINK THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR A GROUP BUY IN ON THIS ONE.. WE CAN PROB CUT THE PRICE.....

THE KIT ISNT SELLING AT ALL !!! ITS JUST TOO MUCH MONEY.. HE SIAD SHIPPING ALONE WITH BE $1500...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.