Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 329 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATE:
Today is the last day deposits will be accepted. (February 14th)

As I said before, deposits ($200) will lock in your kit price of $550. All but $50 of the deposit is refundable if you decide to cancel.

Once again, I HIGHLY suggest you not let this price pass you buy.

Unfortunately final pictures of the non aggressive kit have not become available, however they are ready for full production. We are expecting pictures very soon.

The total shipping amount is $175 to a residence. If shipping to a business please indicate. The total kit amount $550 (without shipping) is due by the end of this month (February). Shipping will not commence until the shipping is paid.

----------------------------
- 5 out of the 10 Aggressive kits will be limited editions. This limited edition may have a word (undecided) embedded into the rear of the bumper, and the front will incorporate a housing for a specific aftermarket foglight. Because of this minor alteration, the design may also be slightly altered to incorporate the new foglight, however not extensively. Stay tuned for more info on this.

After the last couple of failed attempts to get a legit company to come through with producing a kit, me and Snow4_1man have finally come up with a good legit company.

Here's the deal.

$550 for the kit. This price specific to TSL. Only 10 kits of each design will be available so pay your deposit ASAP to reserve your design

The Deposit:

The deposit amount is set at $200. This amount will be deducted from your final purchase price.

PAYMENT INFORMATION: Im starting to take PayPal deposit payments to secure the buy price of $550 for the kit. $50 of the $200 will be non-refundable in case you pull out. If this doesn't go through, you will recieve all of your money back (unless paying by Credit Card in which fees will be induced).

To pay via Credit Card pay to:
[email protected]

To pay via Bank transfer pay to:
[email protected]

If you'd like to arrange payment via some other means PM me directly.

Those who don't pay a deposit now, will see increased prices if you choose to purchase after this deal has been completed. There are 10 kits total for each design (non aggressive and aggressive), so make sure you pay to reserve yours ASAP. Once these kits are gone...they may not be remade for a while.

This buy includes:
-4 peice kit ( 1 Front, 2 Sides, and 1 Rear)
-Made from polyfiber (flexible high grade fiberglass and polyurethane thats used in off roading)
-3 week turn around from the time we sign the contract (get our deposits in)
-Comes ready to paint and bolt on.

The front design we are going with for the Non-Aggressive folks.

The front design we are going with for the Aggressive folks (with slight modifications such as wheel vents).

Saab Non-Agressive Front and Rear Bumper - Updated 1/05/05

This deal is specific to The Saab Link and will not be available anywhere else.

The Lists-

ACTUAL-

[1]blaque_out [Aggressive, Limited]
[2]snow4_1man [Aggressive, Limited]
[3]mike saunders [Non Aggressive]
[4]DC_Saab [FULL PAYMENT, Aggressive]
[5]saab4life [Aggressive,Undecided]
[6]Socci [Aggressive, Limited]Deposit + $50
[7]Tweek [Non Aggressive]

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To be on the actual list a deposit will be necessary. But i'll post up both interest and actual.

·
Registered
45 Posts
"Flexible fiberglass"?? I thought fiberglass is stiff by nature, is this 'flexible' stuff supposed to keep the spider cracking down or is it really durable?

Still, for $550 it sounds like a great deal, I may be interested after you have some pics of it installed on a test car.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I think a merge of the #2 and #3 kit could be interesting... otherwise they are all kinda neat hafa see them on a 9-3/ng first tho before I can make an true opinions.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now everyone keep in mind that your wanting to see pictures of the full kit on a Saab. For that to take place we first need to decide what bumpers and skirts, then a deposit needs to be submitted so the can actually make a test fit and post pictures of how it will fit on a Saab.

Thats how its going to be with many companies...deposit first (to fit the kit and take pictures), then the rest is due to produce the kit.

So its important for us to find a kit already in production (and able to be purchased) so that changes can be made and a mold made that will fit our car.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
supergreg said:
"Flexible fiberglass"?? I thought fiberglass is stiff by nature, is this 'flexible' stuff supposed to keep the spider cracking down or is it really durable?

Still, for $550 it sounds like a great deal, I may be interested after you have some pics of it installed on a test car.
As far as this flexible fiberglass...believe it or not, the materials they use allow the kit to have flex. There has been many accounts of people complimenting on the constuction of these kits, because they backed into someone and there was no damage.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Just let us know the deposit amount...unless it's a number that will scare us away.

Any pictures of the side skirt possibilities? maybe post one of those voting buttons?

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
I think there are a couple of types of flexible fiberglass made with a polymerized resin that dries hard but has some give. Urethane would be better, of course, but these prices sound pretty decent. A urethane kit would likely be closer to $1,000...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sign me up asap, it would be awesome to have the kit now but i can wait a few weeks. Im hoping they make kit 1 that looked to be the most aggressive and thats what im lookin for.

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
number 3 bumper is very nice.... it's the closest to Viggen style and not too over the top... looks like the easiest fit for stock foglights, too...

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
personally i like the first one. the other two are too close to the viggen kit

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I've recieved numerous requests for the first as well. We are still trying to source some good sides.

Update on the deposit:

The deposit amount is set at $200. This amount will be deducted from your final purchase price.
This will cover getting a mold made and fitted to a NG900 and Old 9-3 Saab.

Contact me for payment information.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
no way! the first one is way too ricey to put on a saab... i like the last two because they are more rounded with smoother lines...and i dont like the first one cause of the two holes in the side by the wheel wells..and its too pointy... i suggest one of the last two

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
saabvos said:
i'm really liking bumper 2...wide mouth for big IC

saabvos
i agree!!

not #, it looks like it should be on a civic......and saabs arnt ricers...theyre better!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yea but number one is badass and we already have the viggen kit and with realcars kit costing 2gs we need kit 1 :lol:

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look how about this.

I'll look into getting both fronts made, and the sides and rear remain the same. Im not promising anything, but I'll look into it.

If you guys want this to happen, there seriously needs to be some kind of togetherness on this. Im not saying you have to agree on everything, but me and snow4_1man are doing ALOT of work to try and make this come through.

I'm just asking for a little bit of flexibilty, or even an idea that everyone can agree on. If we continue on tthis route, we're lucky if anything gets made.

We have sourced a company that WILL do the kits, even for a good price. All thats left is people agreeing on a design.... :? The ball is in your guys' court.

Im telling you this now though. Once this kit gets made...there will be others made as well, once people see how nice they look. Please don't let this fall through because we can't be somewhat flexible in choosing a design :roll:

1 - 20 of 329 Posts