Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a crosswalk in downtown Chicago this am and I happened to take off one of my gloves and reach into my pocket for my Blackberry. About 10 seconds later, as I was standing there waiting for the light to change, I hear someone honking. I look up to see a E46 M3 convertible driving past with a middle aged man looking at me and pointing down as he drove past. I looked down at the street.

There was my glove that I had dropped when I took it off to reach into my pocket.

BMW drivers > Saab drivers

(In the context of kindness.)

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
I dunno, just yesterday I saw a 5 series driver stop in the middle of traffic just to run to the side of the street and kick a stray dog.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Random acts of kindness = karma points. Dunno how much it had to do with the bimmer itself. Most bimmer drivers here are know as the little pointy things on a porcupine.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I dunno, just yesterday I saw a 5 series driver stop in the middle of traffic just to run to the side of the street and kick a stray dog.
I get the urge to do these things any time I'm driving in the 3 series.

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
I passed someone on the right, pretty much on the shoulder yesterday on the way home (douche had been going 30mph in a 40mph for about 3 miles by the time I got fed up, perfect weather, clean pavement, etc)

The center line was a double yellow, but we came up to an intersection where they have a dashed shoulder line in case a person is making a left. I just blew past that fucker. I was in the Saab, but I attribute this type of behavior to the time I spend behind the wheel of my German car. Jen drives it more, and boy, she is a BITCH lately.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I passed someone on the right, pretty much on the shoulder yesterday on the way home (douche had been going 30mph in a 40mph for about 3 miles by the time I got fed up, perfect weather, clean pavement, etc)

The center line was a double yellow, but we came up to an intersection where they have a dashed shoulder line in case a person is making a left. I just blew past that fucker. I was in the Saab, but I attribute this type of behavior to the time I spend behind the wheel of my German car. Jen drives it more, and boy, she is a BITCH lately.
Tell her I want more chili!

That will at least make me feel better. I don't know if much can be done about what the Bimmer has done to the both of you...

:p

·
Registered
410 Posts
Random acts of kindness = karma points. Dunno how much it had to do with the bimmer itself. Most bimmer drivers here are know as the little pointy things on a porcupine.
Actually, according to Buddhism, it's possible that he got good karma from that action, but far more likely that it was simply neutral karma.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Actually, according to Buddhism, it's possible that he got good karma from that action, but far more likely that it was simply neutral karma.
An act of kindness or pointing out the glove? Either way, good deeds do not go unnoticed.

·
Registered
10,080 Posts
Back in Michigan I was driving with my girlfrieind and her lovely VW cabrio DIED in the middle of highway traffic.

It was literally dangerous just to get out and push the car to safety.

A guy in a Passat pulled over and got out, asked if I wanted to have him help me push the car off. I wanted Kate to stay in the car.

I was in awe of what a nice thing to do that was.

·
Registered
410 Posts
An act of kindness or pointing out the glove? Either way, good deeds do not go unnoticed.
Most conscious acts of kindness are actually neutral karma.

Here's the example situation:
You're walking on the sidewalk and you see a child run out into the street who is going to be hit by a car. You:

A. Instinctively react, throwing yourself in front of the car and pushing the child away to save the child's life.
B. Think to yourself for a quick moment "I should save this kid" then throw yourself in front of car, pushing the child out of the way and saving his life.
C. Stop to watch, thinking to yourself "Man, I wish I had some popcorn for this!"

Option A gives you positive karma. Option B yields neutral karma. Option C yields negative karma.

That is just my interpretation of it from my time spent studying Buddhism, but it was confirmed by a Buddhist religion professor I knew.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thats really interesting.

Buddhism is very high on the list of things to study when I have the time, means and state of mind.

:thumbsup:

·
c900 Grognard
3,713 Posts
Back in Michigan I was driving with my girlfrieind and her lovely VW cabrio DIED in the middle of highway traffic.

It was literally dangerous just to get out and push the car to safety.

A guy in a Passat pulled over and got out, asked if I wanted to have him help me push the car off. I wanted Kate to stay in the car.

I was in awe of what a nice thing to do that was.
Me and tweek almost once stopped to resuscitate a dead c900 on the side of the beltway. Almost.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thats really interesting.

Buddhism is very high on the list of things to study when I have the time, means and state of mind.

:thumbsup:
Yeah, Eastern religions are very interesting. Have you ever heard people say things like "Buddhism isn't really a religion, it's just being a good person"? They don't know anything about Buddhism. It's as much a religion with just as much mythology as any other religion out there.

I found it absurd (though, to be honest, I find all religions absurd), but I like knowing about it. Informed opinions are much better than uninformed ones.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts