Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys got a blue DI was cant think of what its out of any why the made em
95 cset???? maybe

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
I'm sure Mr. Saunders can tell you what its from.

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Test DI. Same as a T5 unit except with a hole in one end, a notch in both sides, and painted nice bright blue AFAIK. Is there any actual difference? I have one in my 9k.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Its a Test DI. Its a Saab tool. For T5. Your fine. Its alot cheaper to buy as a "Tool" from KentMoore than it is to buy a new red one. Its the same just painted blue with slots ground out too. The T7 "Test" DI is green,

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I have heard the blue ones were more robust, yes.
You can only Buy what is Sold to you... If some one Buys as Blue one for $180.00 and some one else Buys a Red one for $425. Of course the guy with the Blue one has a Much More ROBUST Pile of Cash left in his wallet.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
speaking of di's Harvey how do i check my current Di remove it ground it see if its sparking? i have a random misfire so i'd like to figure that out before i being to build this new car of mine

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
speaking of di's Harvey how do i check my current Di remove it ground it see if its sparking? i have a random misfire so i'd like to figure that out before i being to build this new car of mine
With out a tech2, Its alot easier to just try another DI. Go to a Yard and grab a few. You'll need them in the life of the car anyway. I use Black ones but the Purists insist on red ones for t5. Its your choice. My T5 cars have run fine for 6 years now on black ones.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts