Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i just blew a headgasket. driving on interstate. my car gets real hot all the sudden, then oil light flashes, then my car shuts itself off. I coast it home and take a look, small amount of oil speckled around intake area and oil down the side of the block. Is this the case?

thanks,

Ben Y.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Did you loose power steering, or does anything look wrong with the serpentine belt? How much oil was left in the sump?

·
Administrator
254 Posts
I had to have headwork done on mine last summer. Didn't blow it but there was definitely oil all down the side of the block. Definitely sounds like that might be the problem. Sorry :(

Kyle

·
10,303 Posts
If you are handy, you could try and re-tighten the head bolts. They are those wacky external torx things. I did and it cured my slow coolant leak.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the belt in only about a year and a half old. there was oil all down the side of the block. didn't see any milkyness on the dipstick. oil came just over the ball on the dipstick. coolant was low, i think i have a leak at the waterpump. haven't drained the oil to look at it. haven't checked the reservoir, but it is too low anyhow i think.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts