Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i never really had any true concern about not running a blow off valve on my new 9-3. I had one on my ng900 and it was alot of fun. I know everyone said its impossible to fit a blow off valve on t7 but i read this on saabcentral

bov diy... how to do it right. - SaabCentral Forums

I know its not the same car or engine but was wondering if the same idea could be applied to a b205

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Probably. He is using a BOV cut into one of his intake hoses and the stock BPV teed off one of the boost lines to fool the car into thinking that it's seeing the same amount of airfow after the shift as before...only I think he might have an automatic. He's running a bit rich but not rich enough to throw a code....

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i was wondering if its possible to just re wire / re run some vacuum lines and have the same result.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YouTube - Viggen Dark Dyno Full Power

ZingZACH said "Sounds to me like a forge flipped the opposite way. Mine makes the same sound when oriented that way... this one is just louder due to more boost I would imagine."

What does he mean flipped the opposite way?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
So i never really had any true concern about not running a blow off valve on my new 9-3. I had one on my ng900 and it was alot of fun. I know everyone said its impossible to fit a blow off valve on t7 but i read this on saabcentral

bov diy... how to do it right. - SaabCentral Forums

I know its not the same car or engine but was wondering if the same idea could be applied to a b205
The t7 ecu is looking to see how much air is returned by the bpv, it is monitoring it and if the amount is less than a certain percentage, it thinks something is wrong and will throw a cel so you have the problem checked out at a shop. Its not worth trying to get around in my opinion,

John

1 - 15 of 15 Posts