Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling a set of Bilstein HD shocks I recently removed from my NG a few months ago. I just found them too harsh for driving through the pothole ridden city of Toronto and replaced them w Koni adjustables.

I installed these shocks in the summer of 2005. Can't recall how many miles are on them but I'll estimate about 50K km. One of the rear shocks shows some leakage but to be honest, I didn't realize this until it was removed. In other words, there was nothing performance/feel wise that led me to beleive there was a leak. All 3 other shocks are solid and without any sign of wear or leakage.

Be warned these shocks are stiff but if you're interested you already know this.

Since I have to include a picture in the first post, this is what they look like:

Remember, this is not a picture of the actual set. The shocks are at my parents place and I'll be visiting them this weekend, at which point I'll take a few pics and post them in this thread.

I'm selling the set for $150 plus shipping from Canada. The price is firm and I'm in no rush to sell. First $150 bucks gets them.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know konis have life time not sure about bills
Just checked the bilstein web site.
They do have a lifetime warranty. Bought them through shox.com - I doubt I have the original paper receipt but I'll check for an online receipt/order confirmation. Bilstein's site says to return the defective product to the original place of purchase

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can't find the original receipt or email confirmation of the purchase but I sent shox.com a message. My username to log into their site still works so hopefully they can look up the purchase and honor the warranty - I couldn't be bothered to send one shock in to be replaced but I'll gladly play my part as the original buyer if shox.com will honor the warranty and the buyer wants to take advantage of it.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
FYI - I had a set of these on the REAR of my mom's old ng900 - car could take a load like a truck! Best handling ng900 ever - they make a difference. Truely a hard ride - but that's a good thing. Tire wear was improved too - less tire bounce and more tire on road. Great deal for full set - if my mom's 9-3 was in need I'd be all over these for her.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Can't find the original receipt or email confirmation of the purchase but I sent shox.com a message. My username to log into their site still works so hopefully they can look up the purchase and honor the warranty - I couldn't be bothered to send one shock in to be replaced but I'll gladly play my part as the original buyer if shox.com will honor the warranty and the buyer wants to take advantage of it.
Okay after sleeping on it, I am even more interested in these. Let me know how the warranty plays out.

I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got off the phone with shox.com and they will honor the warranty.
They have provided me with my customer # and invoice #. Whoever buys the set will need to call them up with this information in advance of mailing the leaky shock out to them in California. They will not cover the cost of shipping it out.

However, they will cover the cost of shipping back the replacement.

I've gotten a few PMs already - and to be fair to everyone, I will sell the set to whoever commits to buy and can send cash first, with the soonest I can ship the set being next week.

·
Registered
393 Posts
What's up bro I'm in toronto too and I'd be interested in these if the leaking one gets replaced. Ill pickup so you don't have to ship. Ill be in toronto Halloween weekend.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.