Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, it went really downhill after page 5 I'd say... couldn't make it through any more... But the first couple pages had me amused...

Bunch of idiots though it looks like...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
This brings up an interesting legal issue... Can you be prosecuted based on things "you" said online. Even though IP's are unique if there is shared PC access how could you prove that the person in question made the comments? How many times has someone left themselves logged in to a site and had a friend/sibling do/say something completely retarded on it?

Not that this is the case here, but I'm just curious. Seems it would be ridiculously easy for someone to report this tool and the proper authorities to figure out "Hey, we had a guy in a red GSX-R run from us that day."

·
Registered
861 Posts
i wouldnt think anyone could be liable unless they posted actual video of the incident, or there was video from traffic cams to back up his story 100% - otherwise, its all just heresay. Theres really no way to even prove it was him, even if they tracked the IP back to, lets say, his house, where the bike is located. BUT, i dont know 100%, or at all, really..

Teh internet iz seriouz bizness, but its also full of storytellers. (i.e. you KNOW most of the 'war stories' and ' i raced this, and won' post are, for the most part, fish tales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts