Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey,

Anyone have any ideas on how much weight can be shaved with a big brake kit? Like total off of stock with a typical AP Racing or equivalent?

I am looking to get a kit suitable for racing for a 99 9-3.

What are the best "race" kits available right now?

I tried using the search but I could not find a good enough list if someone can list off the brake kits that they think would be acceptable, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
- Duane

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I never measured the weight of my AP kit..... maybe MTAERO has had them on a scale before???

If I recall my AP's were close to half the weight of the stock C900 brakes but no clue how that compares to the newer ones.

I would say AP Racing is still at the top for best brake kits available

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I think Nick sells some big brake kits... check with him/his site

If not Abbot Racing sell the AP stuff

Maptun sells something.... I forget what brand

With size depends on what wheels you want to use. If you want to use 17's you can squeeze the 335mm AP's behind some rims but it's tight, 18in wheels clear the 335mm brakes. I think some companies sell 350mm brakes which require 18 or 19in rims. You could also go smaller incase you want to stick with 16in rims since tires are a LOT cheaper....... my guess is 335mm is the max size to keep your rim size down

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I have this set that I took off, Hated having to machine the closest pads to fit. One line had to be replaced on initial install... I would stick with trusted names not the knockoffs. Sure they were better stopping than factory but it ended there.

Hey at least the looked pretty. :(

·
Registered
671 Posts
:)

I have this set that I took off, Hated having to machine the closest pads to fit. One line had to be replaced on initial install... I would stick with trusted names not the knockoffs. Sure they were better stopping than factory but it ended there.

Hey at least the looked pretty. :(
I know someone that has some spare pads for those... just send them over ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts