Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got tired of fighting with bent wheels. We found these very nice Ronal wheels (which I hope are stronger) for $180 a piece from The Saab Site. The stock Viggen wheels appear to be notoriously easy to bend. So I'm betting it's a design flaw, and that these will be more resilient:

We will be using them with these tires:

I tried to keep them at least somewhat stock looking. I liked the five spoke shape, and even though these are technically 10 spoke, they look similar-ish.

Any thoughts or comments?

Adrian~

·
Registered
475 Posts

The long distance between the spokes on the Viggen wheels make them vulnerable. Either of these Ronal wheels will give you better lip strength. The LZ painted black is my favorite although it is very heavy and too pricey for me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The long distance between the spokes on the Viggen wheels make them vulnerable. Either of these Ronal wheels will give you better lip strength. The LZ painted black is my favorite although it is very heavy and too pricey for me.
I saw a picture of those wheels on a Saab 9-3 on The Saab Site. To me they looked to "cluttered". Too many twists and turns. The 9-3 has very straight body lines and I felt the LV ones had the closest to stock lines. Not perfect (the stockers are very pretty) but they should be good. :)

I'll take some pics of them on the car once they arrive and are mounted/ballanced.

Adrian~

·
Registered
475 Posts
I saw a pic of the LZ on a slightly lowered 9-5 Aero and it looked very nice. I don't personally care for the stock Aero wheels too much and these gave the car a very sporty look more fitting to the Aero's nature. The Viggen stock wheel has a much nicer look than the stock Aero wheel and the lines of the stock wheel fit the Viggen very well with the thin straight spokes rounded into the wheel...no sharp angles on the wheels matching the lack of sharp angles on the Viggen. The Aero has a more angular body.

·
10,303 Posts
Just guessing but I think its Marc Fails, the guy with the Blue Viggen from Central Penn Saab, or SaabNet that uses those tires.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turns out that wheel style has been updated. Check out how the tires/wheels turned out!

Better pics to come this week when I'm not so tires. (Ver little sleep today.)

Adrian~

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check em out in a better picture on the car. 8)

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Very nice. I like the new look better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts