Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife and I just picked up a 00' Saab 9-3 2.0t, automagic. Fully loaded only thing its lacking is power seats maybe a couple other small doo-dads.

Im not knew to the turbo scene,(but its been awhile) or the modifications of vehicles or forums. But I am a virgin to saab's and there quirks,problems,fixes.

Anyways we paid $1000 for this car, Its in perfect shape inside and out, with great service history, synthetic oil being used, and Alot of maintenance. ( I have a stack of reciepts trying to fix its current problem totaling over $1500 ) The guy was just tired of trying to resolve the issue.
So now its my turn. Im half way there in under a day and $0 spent, Well I think Im half way there.

You can read more about my problem here-
http://www.saablink.net/forum/showthread.php?p=790925#post790925

Thanks for an awesome site.
Al

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Im a semi-noob who knows how to search!
Ill Fit in?I Hope so! Ive talked the wife ( its mostly her car ) Into letting me put a full 3" Exhuast and a open filter, also to have it tuned and boost around 15psi. Then when I drive it, It can be more fun for me.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
I'd avoid an open air intake on the 9-5 - they are prone to deep puddles as it is. Just get a quality drop in filter and the 2004+ Intake Pipe which goes from behind the grill down to the air box. the 2004+ style is twice the size and bolts right in - instant power gain!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd avoid an open air intake on the 9-5 - they are prone to deep puddles as it is. Just get a quality drop in filter and the 2004+ Intake Pipe which goes from behind the grill down to the air box. the 2004+ style is twice the size and bolts right in - instant power gain!
I have a 9-3. 2.0t Is it still prone to water? And will the 04+ pipe/airbox work with my set up.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Welcome to the Link!! You're gonna love it here, great people who know a lot!! I also see you're a fellow Mainer!! Awesome!!! The more Mainers the better I say, where abouts are you in Maine? Oh, and pics are a necessity!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts