Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i broke the tabs off the three lower grille pieces on my 9-5 front bumper. i want to put some mesh in to fill the space. two questions...

what kind/where should i buy from? how much should i buy?

what is the best/cleanest looking way to mount the mesh and insure that it wont fall out while the car is moving.

thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can chime in on the where part. In the past, I have used gutter guard from Home Depot. It comes in I think, 18 or 24 inch long pieces and about 6 inches wide or so. I used on my Civic and also on my Motorcycle as well. I prefer to paint as well to insure it will not rust. I painted the bike's mesh gloss black. I would use Rust-o-leam paint also since it comes in various colors and is to prevent rust.

·
Registered
429 Posts
try zip ties to mount it

·
Registered
13,686 Posts
Ugh. Gutter guard.

Best way to mount it is on your gutters :lol:

Sorry...I just had to!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
Ugh. Gutter guard.

Best way to mount it is on your gutters :lol:

Sorry...I just had to!
yeah - figures the HONDA guy would recommend that stuff ;) LOL

I believe they make a nice quality plastic mesh which does not rust nor need painting if you like black.... I would look for that in like a honey comb pattern.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
yeah - figures the HONDA guy would recommend that stuff ;) LOL

I believe they make a nice quality plastic mesh which does not rust nor need painting if you like black.... I would look for that in like a honey comb pattern.
This is what I have, it comes in a roll and it's much easier to trim than gutter guard. I've made 2 grilles with the stuff and it's really rugged. Can't help with how to mount it though, since I sandwiched mine between the two pieces of my grille, which it sounds like you can't do. Good luck!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where you buy the plastic roll from? i bought gutterguard since it was cheap cheap and primerd/painted black/clearcoat n they look decent actually. the black matches my black grille.

stillcant figure out how im gonna mount it. was gonna try the clay stuff that is suppossed to dry as hard as steel. didnt really work out so well as i have to bend the gutterguard to sit nice and flush against the backing of the lower front bumper openings.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ahh, that would be alittle messy but sounds like it would work. i'll give it a shot. thanks man

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Not messy at all if your careful. It will hold it for as long as you want it to, or until you need to replace the gutter guard, which you will. And then you can usually pry it of or melt it to get it back off. And it doesn't get brittle in cold weather.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts