Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best place to buy Saab paint? I am tackling the rust on the lower lip of my hatch, and need paint to finish it off. For now I will leave it flat black, should look 'OK', as it looks like an extension of the bumper.

Touch up paint just isn't enough, do you just go to a paint place and ask? or is there a good place to buy online? How much should I expect to pay for say a quart?

·
Registered
791 Posts
You will need to go to a distributor, as most companies don't sell directly, they will help you find one near you though. I don't know about prices, but if you are getting a factory color might be 100 a quart. Just a guess though, i'm basing that a little from what I got the paint for my car for.

I would look into a single stage. It has the base coat and clear all in one. Should be cheaper overall, and you won't know the difference. Some places will put the paint into a spray can, which works out alright too.

You can probably get some online, I wouldn't know where though.

I would recommend PPG as well, mostly because thats who my dad works for :)

·
Deez Nutz
15,679 Posts
You can buy pre-mixed bomb cans online, or from a local Napa. Call around.

I have used paint-scratch.com with good success. I did my SE lip, and grillE with it:

It's a good match, and it holds up well.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, I will try paint-scratch.com, I just need it for the lip of my hatch, and maybe a few problem areas down the road.

Just don't know how common euc green is.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was looking at paintscratch for some bumper repair stuff and touch-up paint. I don't know if it was accurate because it never asked me to calculate it, but the shipping was $$$ (about 60% of the total cost). Decided to try and find everything locally that I could.

That grille looks sweet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.