1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Works out to 20.56 MPG's roughly.
The proof:

300.3/14.605 = 20.56.....

Go ahead, laugh, but consider it's an auto and I use my car to drive 8 miles to school or 10 miles to work. And all I do is sit in traffic jams or congestion on campus. I'd say thats pretty damn good, I usually average 17 and a bit. This is the first time I remember I've even hit 300 miles on a gas tank and my gas light wasnt on and arrow down to zero.

also.....my damn 0-50 light on the speedo went out again. I'm tired of changing these shits.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Wow. I once hit 500 on a tank.... (road trip)

Still averaging 24ish though. Gas is only ~2.70 for premium here.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I always like hitting 300+mi/tank. My best was about 460 on an all interstate trip.

I started a little experiment with my driving style for my last two tanks with zero highway driving on either. First tank I drove normally, that is to say, aggressively and higher RPM gear changes. Got around 20mpg. On the second tank I was conservative with low RPM changes and whatnot and got around 27mpg or so. Not bad for not doing anything but just driving a little differently. (Manual SS)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Wow! That is bloody cheap petrol… $3 a gallon! Down here we are paying around $5.95 a gallon for 98 RON. Around town I get about 12 litres per 100km… not too bad for a tuned car but a tank usually costs me about $80 to fill. Dunno how to convert that to gallons sorry.

sab

·
Registered
890 Posts
I get 27 mpg day after day, at $3.52 for 90 octane, stick shift, 32 mph average speed.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow guys ok sure rain on my parade :p

My SID read avg speed of 20. Unfortunatey, I'm navigating through traffic half the time. I actually considered trying a tune with the car so that it got no boost until 2500ish RPM to see how much that turbo really hurts gas mileage.

Sab the prices dropped a tiny bit, I was paying 3.30ish last summer. Plus this BP has lower than average prices by a few cents to attract customers since the oil spill. Works for me :)

·
Registered
890 Posts
Not raining on your parade, buddy. Just sharing mpg figures. 20 mph average speed will hurt your fuel mileage anytime, unless you are driving a Prius.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'm getting 30.7mpg on a 70 mile trip (twice a day, every day) to and from work in a 99 93 stick shift at a pretty steady average of 55 mph. Not to make anyone cry, but I'm paying about $2.50/gallon on average up here in L.A.conia. I've been waiting for the price to spike for weeks, but for some reason it's holding steady.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Your dead inst. cluster bulb reminds me of my own dead inst. cluster bulb, and how I've been too lazy to replace it since it went out 2 years ago. Bravo!

I average about 29, best is 35.6 babying it on a 200 mile trip.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have a 95 900 se with over 250k on it and i get 25-28 driving to school and back..... mostly stop and go. How old is your 02 sensor? City driving isn't the best on fuel mileage, but id think it should be a little better than that.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I get 7-7.5 mpg in the RV :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I actually got 21.4 the other day but that involved about 60-70 straight highway cruising miles so I won't count it since that is not my norm. routine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts