Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to go with a stage 4 ecu.. and i am still going to but at this time i am in need of more boost and speed.. whats the best MBC to buy .. i had a turboXs and while it was nice.. it boost spiked hard.. also can anyone explain to me MBC+A?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know how the MBC works and all that.. im just trying to figure out which most saabers think is the best MBC to use.. i install Turbo Xs ones on eclipses all the time.. and i had one on my 9-3.. i also installed one on a newer volvo.. i am just trying to find which is the best.. some MBC respond better to certain cars..

·
Administrator
668 Posts
for a T5 Turbo XS is the best from what I hear.... for a T7 none is the best... T7s should not have them.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boxerchip said:
for a T5 Turbo XS is the best from what I hear.... for a T7 none is the best... T7s should not have them.
haha yea.. but chris over at MP found a way if i remember correctly..

·
Registered
352 Posts
i thought the consensus was that you can have an mbc on T7 but it must be either mbc+A or smbc i can't remember which or if there is a difference between mbc+A and smbc

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
I think it's the smbc (MBC in series) that some T7 people use, but a guy who many beleive to be a Trionic engineer from Saab, who posts on other boards (dr. boost) says " HEJ! no MBC for T7!" :lol:

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
i have the SMBC on my T7 it helps spool up earlier....no problems so far...

as for a T5 i had abbotts in mine and that worked great....you can also goes the dawes route....its cheaper....

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Garrett T25 i believe.. i could be wrong..

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks man.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I personally think the turbo XS is not very good. Nasty overshoots. The Hallman pro is a very nice MBC but pricey. Mostly paying for anodized AL and machined parts. The Dawes Style MBC is a great, cheap effective MBC. Not as pretty as the Hallman but WAY cheaper. I"m a bit biased to the MBC+A. It works great and with the temps dropping, it really shines. Two High points of the +A is no overshoots and effectively moving your boost tap to the TB for longer sustained boost at Higher RPMS. And best of all, inexpensive. And made exclusively for t-5 saabs

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TB? throttle body? i dont understand how the MBC+A works.. and is it just an MBC modified.. or is it a special MBC? or what?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts