Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I noticed the group buy for springs kind of died off...

anyways, I am doing some research on springs, and I always heard Eibach was best, but I also want to lower a bit more, so I was also considering Intrax or H&R... I thought I heard from more than one source that B&G make the back look droopy.

So these are my intial thoughts/opinions, but does anyone have any FACTS on why any brand is better than the others? I am not looking for opinion so much as real reasons why one brand is better... manufacturing differences, build quality/material quality, etc....

If you want to express pure opinion, please do so by voting in my little poll! 8)

·
Registered
6,468 Posts
Our British friends might include Spax on that list, but the googling and forum searches I've done on them came up with major suckage. They're probably a pass....

What about Vogtland?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Please do a search. We've already had a full discussion on this.

·
Registered
16 Posts
coil settling

I'm sure that all four brands of springs have their positives and negatives. However, once installed, all springs will settle a bit. So, the eibachs, for example, will probably show a 1.3 or 1.4" drop once the coils settle. I'd go for the eibach quality and warranty before I'd think of going with an alternate coil just to get an extra quarter of an inch drop.

·
Administrator
668 Posts
Sorry man I just could not resist adding abboutt racing springs to your poll

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boxerchip said:
Sorry man I just could not resist adding abboutt racing springs to your poll
chip, i assume you are running those? How do you like them?

·
Administrator
668 Posts
yeah I am.... I like them alot they are espically good for viggens because if I had put my ebiachs on it would be touching the ground so they lower less but seem to offer the same perofrmance witch to me is oa good thing.

·
Registered
392 Posts
the intrax have arrived at my house. have to get home from school first to install :D :D :D ...expect some before after pics in 2 weeks or so

1 - 10 of 10 Posts