Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Evidently, that wasn't the first time for that play. This is from 2007

And another from 2006

When I was in HS we ran a trick play to win a game. Every down, the coach would send in the next play with a receiver. So, every play we would have one receiver run out and another come in with the next play. One time however, the receiver never went all the way out. He just ran over by the sidelines and stood in the field of play just behind the line of scrimmage. Nobody covered him because they thought he ran out after the previous play. He ran down field and caught a wide open pass for a touchdown. I never forgot how awesome that was.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
This is awesome, but:

Apparently this is illegal according to NFHS rules.

"Football has been and always will be a game of deception and trickery involving multiple shifts, unusual formations and creative plays. However, actions or verbiage designed to confuse the defense into believing there is a problem and a snap is not imminent is beyond the scope of sportsmanship and is illegal."

Found it on the second video turbocon posted. I didn't believe it so I looked it up, it is a rule according to 2010 NFHS handbook. Still awesome.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
That's awesome. Even if it's questionable.

turbocon that sounds like an even better trick play...at least a more legal one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts