Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can bent rims be fixed? I have heard it is possible but then some guy at the bar told me I should just throw them away cause its a lost cause. I think I scared him cause I did not want to hear that and Im not a small guy. My current rims are aftermarket that look much like the viggen rims but cost a hell of a lot more. Am I going to have to bend over and spell RUN or can this problem be fixed?

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Talk to a Wheel and Tire shop and they can steer you to a good Rim straightener. My friend has a 930 Porshce and he is always bending his rims on it and he goes and pays $75 per rim and it takes a day or 2 and they straighten them and buff the scrathes out and then he is good until he nebds them again.

The rim that get straightened just may require a little extra time and effort when you get your wheels balanced and thats about it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
yea...shouldn't be a problem...although most of the guys that straighten them...recommend restraightening no more than twice.

I've had my stock vikings and SAAB BBS wheels restraightened...it's a neat process to watch. They can also repaint, refurbish, polish or chrome most of the wheels as needed.

Cost me about $150 per wheel.., in the MD area for everything.

Good luck..

regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts