Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of Blizzaks that I'm going to be putting on soon, but first, I need to get an alignment.

The front pulls a bit to the right, which is understandable. The back wheels are ridiculous. The back driver side is wearing out the tire like there is no tomorrow. Nasty camber lives here. The inside edge cords are showing through.

That being said, can they adjust that at the alignment shop? Or do I need a camber kit like some cars need? If so, where can I get it?

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
you need shims to adjust the rear. Most shops wont have them on hand I thinks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our local Saab dealer closed and Firestone will not install outside parts for "insurance reasons." That translates to "Because we cannot make a profit from them."

I'll have to get them from GS. Now, can I get an alignment check from a place in town and then install the shims myself? I can get a front end alignment here in town for like $30.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Yes, it is possible to do that. However you will want to go back and have another alignment performed after the shims are installed as your vehicle's thrust line has now changed, which will mean your steering wheel will no longer be centered.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Yes, it is possible to do that. However you will want to go back and have another alignment performed after the shims are installed as your vehicle's thrust line has now changed, which will mean your steering wheel will no longer be centered.
If he only installs shims on the back, why would that affect the steering wheel? Seems like he's really only having major issues with the rear wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts