Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have many stories...most of them I forgot. However before I forget this one that happend last night, I figured I'd post.

96 Saab 900 SE Turbo (Me) Vs. Old school Big Body

I don't know old school muscle that well, so I had no idea what I was racing. It was a two door fast-back type with the word Chevrolet wrtiten in script across the middle of the trunk. Had duals (of course), was manual and loud as hell. VERY fast.

When I first saw it, I was cruising down this strip at about 40mph (speed limit 45) just looking for Rice to eat. Suddenly I look in my rear view and this car with two faint headlights comes up quick behind me, changes lanes to my right, and books. Well as soon as I saw his headlights coming up quick, I downshifted into second to try and match his speed. LOL noooo way. He passed me like i was standing still.

He noticed me and slowed down so i could catch up. I caught up, we're cruising at about 50 and he revs it. I see this yellow light coming up, so I slow down to stop. He continues through (I guess since his car was old, he couldn't stop fast enough so he just went).

Well the light turned green failry quickly, So I caught back up to him, at the next light (main intersection), and drop the window to check it out. Very clean, loud as hell, and complete with American Racing Rims. His friend rolls down the window while w'ere stopped and asks what I was boosting at. I told him 15 and asked if i wanted to go off this light. I said yea, but then I noticed Kn band on the radar. I told him to hold off.

So drove through the light, and the radar went silent for about a block, I waved that we were good to go, and we started out from a 30mph roll.

I hit 3rd, and 4th right on redline, and smoked him. It was a good race...I only got him by a carlength, but I could tell that it was only because my shifts were quicker, and my lag was a minimum.

It was a good race...and now im not at alll afraid to take on a muscle. 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hell yea, i love smokin the muscle. I hate the guys that think they will kill you and your car sucks because it isnt made "american" last time i checked american was the poorest made car.

Glad to hear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts