Saab Link Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting the rims put on today, i will post pics when i get the car back tonight!
I'm so pumped!

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
NIcce. Can't wait to see. Are you still coming down to Iowa?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u know i'll be coming down.. btw bastards at sears ripped the bead in one of my tires so now i have to wait a few days for them to get another one! i'm angry! but they said saturday at the latest so we'll see.

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts
Damn that does suck. Sorry to hear about that. If there's anyway u could make it down next week let me know.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha the saga continues....

not only did sears rip a tire bead, now when i get my wheels back and put em on my car i notice that i have multiple scratches around the rim, also some peeling of some sort has started on a few of the wheels.

In light of this, i went to sears and bitched and bitched until i got what was rightfully mine.. they agreed that i coudl take my car to a wheel shop and have them clean up my wheels and rid them of the damage and sears would pay the costs.. so all in all not too bad

i'll post some pics on tuesday after i get the car washed

·
Registered
745 Posts
can't stand department store car shops....they have a one for all mentality, and just can't do larger tires and wheels very efficiently. I had a similar experience with my BBS's....and feel your pain.

You'll love the look, but if you have an earlier NG from 94 up to 98...you might have trouble lowering without hitting the fuel tank filler in the rear or rubbing the front tires. But with all of that extra grip of the 8" wide...you probably won't need to, and I'll bet your times are better on short and long tracks...

sorry about the damage though, at least they conceded.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts