Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Viggen, 7month old Interstate battery, car is loosing battery power in two day of non driving. what could be drawing amps when car is off?

·
Registered
369 Posts
This is also the time of year that the batteries tend to die. Those first cold nights take a toll on car and batteries all over the house.

Headlights tend to go out too.

My son said he let his older Saab sit for a few weeks and now things like the fob won't open the doors and some other things are messed up.

A lot of cars, and I'm going down this road because as old as my Corvette was, it was a 2000. A lot of the information is stored and places a demand on the battery. Perhaps Saab to a lesser degree, but you better start a Vette or keep it on trickle over the winter. Cold and the weaker battery would bring on the Looney Tunes.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Yes I do but i've never had any issues untill recently. Im not sure what could have changed.

-do cabin temp sensors run if ACC or car is off?
Temp sensor should not run
Many have had this problem because of the trunk light
It's usually when they hit the trunk release button by mistake
Remove the neg. lead from your battery.
connect a 6 or 12V light between them. If it glows with the key off, proceed:
Remove fuses one at a time until the lamp stops glowing.
Don't forget the Maxi fuses under the hood.
Good Luck

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pulled fuse#13, (Radio and Diagnostics) so ill see what happens in a few days. I actully already thought of the trunk light which has been off since the start of this mystery

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.