Saab Link Forums banner

Bagged my V4 Wagon...

11K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Svenska94Aero 
#1 · (Edited)

Bags are from a Semi sleeper cab that I had in the back of my -78 99.
Still need to sort the shocks for a little more drop, will almost drag the muffler but not quite. Compressor and pump inside soon. For now it just has schrader valve for filling. Ride is nice too at 60lbs.

I still can't decide to paint this car. I like the rat look but the rust is not cool.

#4 ·
very nice. i say go with the flat black rat rod look. to get really crazy chopping the top would be cool too.. give it a shorty windsheild. but not something you may want to do with a 72 in decent shape. It would look pretty sick though..

#9 · (Edited)
Marty, This things a rainstorm 20ft car. :) Not original paint either It was even painted lemon yellow at one time.

Big picture but not all the parts. http://genuinesaab.com/gallery/v4race/IMG_4092?full=1
I will take some more this weekend for you. Not so much fun drilling /tapping the 3/4" thread on the lower since the spring mount is the axle and some sort of alloy steel. The 1/2" Milwaukee gear head drill threw me from under the car!

#11 ·
i love that your doing some more work with the, the aftermarket for our cars is really non-existant, especially since Jack retired.

Suspension/brake mods i would love to see. the 4bolt hubs and calipers are so hard to come by and the rotors are impossible, MSS makes springs, but variable rate springs would be sweet. Sway bars are a must.

i quoted you and posted this over on the vintage board btw.

#13 ·
nice work

I bet those are a vast improvement over the levels. I see you changed the hubs, are those wheels off a 900? I have a 96 is the wheel well clearance the same. If it is the same how did you get them to fit? Your fenders don't looked flared.

#14 ·
yes the fender clearance should be the same.

he has the ultra rare monte carlo hubs and brakes which share the same bolt pattern the later 4 bolts.

it also has larger calipers which feature duel pistons instead of the smaller single piston calipers.

however rotors for these are pretty much impossible to obtain so your usually better off doing a fill + drill to get the desired bolt pattern and sticking with the stock brakes.

#23 ·
Nice to see someone elce besides me is concitering Bagging a SAAB I have baged a fuew cutom streetrods and different trucks but still havnt taken a shot at a SAAB yet. I think Here in a fuew weeks now that the snow is starting to fall im going to buy a beater c900 to drive so I dont have the same insodent that happened last winter with my old NG900 with my new SPG. I think a beater c900 would look sick baged laying the chassis on the ground. I have looked and seting up an Air ride system would be cakewalk (compaired to my previous builds) for one because of the suspention desighn. I will probibly do it here when the SPG motor gets finished. Keep an eye out for the post.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.