Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 questions that are completely unrelated. but, in attempt to not pollute the forum, I combined them into one thread.

1. I have uneven tire wear on both front tires. (bald on the inside, normal on the outer edge). I'm assuming its because I've thrown my car through one too many turns and finally wore out a bushing or too. But before i get all crazy buying bushings and stuff... how difficult is this to do yourself? and which joints will likely need replacing?

2. When I floor my car, it hesitates and then sporadically misfires for a couple seconds. Bad D.I. or Fuel delivery? any thoughts? I am using non-NGK spark plugs for the time being. I just recently learned that that is blasphemy. Just ordered new plugs...

·
Registered
923 Posts
1. Bushings are really easy to do, just takes some time.

2. Come back when you change the plugs, Saabs are picky about their spark plugs!!!

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
#1 - if bushings are not sagged and worn, sounds like an alignment issue - toe is out too far - not always bushing related, jut mechanical.

#2 - As said, install the correct plugs and report back. Wrong plugs COULD have taken out the DI if left installed too long.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet. Popped NGK plugs in and everything is fine. for the time being at least. no more hesitation or misfiring.
:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts