Saab Link Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering whats a good US based site where i can get myself some eibachs?/?

·
HNNLIC
4,209 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
i have the eibachs on my 99 9-3 and i love them. Nice comfortable drive.
The only thing i would change is to make the fronts lower, because its a 1.2" all around. And on some angles now, it looks like the rear sits lower then the front, but it really doesn't.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i saw someone with a pair of them and they were sagging in the back a bit.. It was a viggen convertible and the rear wheel wells were covering the top of the tire and the fronts looked much higher....i would go for something else if i were u, but, it could just be the convertable equipment weighing it down

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing is i have a 900 and aren't the springs different for the front then on a 9-3??

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Hey all,

Just trying to pick out the best springs for my NG900. Wanted to get a list of all the springs setups and how low they ride on the car. We all know its going to be stiffer but some springs are stiffer then others when they lower the car the same distance. So feel free to give your thought. So far we have----

Eibach Springs - MP Performance (www.mpperformance.com)
Lowering 1.2 inches - Price $249.00 USD

H&R Springs - Genuine Saab (www.genuinesaab.com)
Lowering 1.3 inches - Price $255.00 USD

B&R Springs - Shox online store - (www.shox.com)
Lowering 1.4 inches - Price - $219.00 USD

Intrax Springs - Discount Auto Parts - Drive wire (www.drivewire.com)
Lowering 1.5 inches - Price - $254.61 USD

Spax Springs - Motor Sport World - (www.motorsportworld.co.uk)
Lowering 1.5 inches - Price £125.99 comes out to about $250.00 USD

PI Springs - Motor Sport World - (www.motorsportworld.co.uk)
Lowering 1.5 inches - Price £116.23

AVO Springs - - Motor Sport World - (www.motorsportworld.co.uk)
Lowering 1.5 inches - Price £95.18

Well This is as far as i got. If there is a mistake any ware please post it. Also if anybody found any other springs, post it also. I'm looking to go lower then 1.5 inches. I know at Yankton Tuned (http://www.kyankton.net/index.htm) he is going to make a Custom Coil Over Suspension. If anybody knows how he is doing this post it here, I would love to do this. I would wait but he has not posted anything on his site for a little while.

So let me know if anybody finds springs that lower you can then the ones are already posted, and also the Custom Coil Over Suspension.

Here you go

Dan

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sorry to bring this back up, just wanted to say thanks to Dan for posting this!! Im thinking of getting springs too..thinking of going Eibach or Vogtland

Anyone have Vogtland and can "review" them for me?

·
Trollerator
9,830 Posts
The only two of those companies I have not heard numerous horror stories about is H&R and EIbach.

I have heard tons of great things about Eibach. BUT I also have heard of the rear sagging thing from them, and also one side sitting lower than the other (lopsided left to right!). I am going with H&R, just an opinion though... :wink:

·
Registered
979 Posts
my mechanic swears by H&R, I was leaning towards eibach until I talked to him, and now that I hear about this sagging problem I'll definatelyt go for the H&R

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
jrbrangi said:
my mechanic swears by H&R, I was leaning towards eibach until I talked to him, and now that I hear about this sagging problem I'll definatelyt go for the H&R
All performance springs are subject to sagging at times. I have not seen a car yet that was lowered that you could go around and measure the exact same ride height at every corner and that did not give the appearance of a sagged rear. The only way to avoid the sagged rear look is to have an offset set of springs that gives a slight difference in the drop heights from front to back.

Eibach makes springs that are direct stock springs for Mercedes, BMW and a few other car makers as well just as a side note. The H&R's are good springs too so either way you went wether it was Eibachs or H&R's you not going to be sorry. The only springs that you will hear alot of mixed reviews on are usually the INtrax and they are known for sagging in the rear on alot of cars.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Eibach- In the US.... unfortunantly NG900 eibach springs are not available, only for the 9-3!

I went with Intrax on by brothers 98 900 SET & it's a bouncy firm ride compared to my stock viggen

Koni is coming out with a spinrg/shock combo & I plan on using that once it's finally available. I actually need to call koni to see if they are available yet :)

·
Registered
979 Posts
gm said:
Koni is coming out with a spinrg/shock combo & I plan on using that once it's finally available. I actually need to call koni to see if they are available yet :)
Hopefully this is true and not just a rebranding. although it still would be good, hopefully not outrageously expensive

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
I will call up my wholesaler & see what they have to say about the koni springs

Hopefully hear something this week

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
dude trust my back is in terrible shape.. i played lacrosse and i wrestled in highschool.... wresling has to b one of the worst sports for your body

·
Registered
392 Posts
agreed, wrestling destroys ur body...my knees are still terrible and i havent touhed a mat for the first time in 7 years this winter. sometimes they fill up with fluid after a hard run haha at this rate ill need knee replacements by the time im 40

1 - 20 of 24 Posts